Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deals make perfect sense in that context. They’re decent stop gaps out wide until we can get rid of our overpaid guff who offer absolutely nothing, then sign players of actual quality.

Exactly - Benard, Siggurdsson, Toshun, Delph plus a few youngsters out of contract next summer including James if he/the club dont renew the optional 3rd year.

Also potentially could pave the way for Iwobi to be turfed out on loan this summer and sold the next when clubs have recovered a bit more financially from the Pandemic.

The squad size was always going to be the elephant in the room.

At points last season we had 1 senior player on the bench and couldn't make a full bench. We have an 18 man squad for a registered 25.

2 permo injuries (Coleman and Delph), 3 mostly injured (Rodriguez, Allan, Mina), so it's really a 13 man squad.

Consider the fact that we'll more than likely lose one or two means we are pretty threadbare.

So...can't really argue with what we're doing.

I was convinced he would go 352 but it does look more like it'll be 433 or potentially 4231.

Interesting to see how Dumfries does in a back 4 if he signs as he looked brilliant as a wingback for Holland.
he did play a lot of 5-4-1 at Newcastle so i expect him to do the same when we play the bigger teams. That can include Dumfries and our new wide boys

Everyone keeps using Iwobi as an example with which we should contextualise these signings, it's baffling to me. Yes, it will probably work out better than one of our worst signings of recent years (I say one of because we have also signed Tosun, Delph, Klaasen etc.. we really are dreadful at picking talent) but we should have higher aspirations. And, as I keep saying, it's not Townsend or Iwobi, it is going to be Townsend and Iwobi. I feel sick.

I'm not saying we should be satisfied with Townsend because he's as good as iwobi. More I'm saying Iwobi's transfer looks even worse because a player of his quality can be got for free when we paid £35m or whatever it was.

Like the look of that Dutch guy Dumfries in the euro would be good signing if he came
could do with twenty goals a season strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.