Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
1626613055839.png

Good question this.
It was locked yesterday but you’re right, it has actually vanished off the face of the earth. Odd.

Pretty obvious really isn't it?

Nob head.

Yes. At this point, the evidence suggests that Brands is an empty suit. His body of work at Everton to date doesn't, in my view, justify his continued employment. But he's a director now, so the dysfunction at the club starts right at the top.

I think its fair to begin to judge him on his body of work, the squad is more and more becoming "his signings" mate. A lot and likely the majoriy have been poor.

We gave him a new three year contract, so id be one who says if you make a decsion like that, you see it through. So ill give him the three years at DOF and see can do anything with youth. Big ? marks on his ability to sign top players and sell players though.

My point though is on structure though and personalities involved, Carlo has already proved he can pull rank on the DOF over transfers, Benetiz can do likewise aftet that precedent, id prefer one or the other leading out, i dont want a hybrid strategy were everyones a winner.

I reserve the right to not implement my philosophy of if you make an appointment let them see out their contract on Benitez, i dont want him anywhere near our club, when it comes to him all bets are off.

Drip

Drip

Drip
Well, don't accept it so. I am simply pointing out that there is a large constituency of fans who are pretty "meh" about all of this - and why wouldn't they be after the last 30 years of utter dysfunction at this club. To listen to some, there is a mob of pitchfork-wielding revolutionaries with blue flares and purple dildoes stuck up their arses marching on Goodison. There really isn't. Large numbers of people are already beaten down and broken by the last 30 years and don't see the appointment of the new manager as anything more heinous than what has already been perpetrated on the fanbase by avowed Evertonians. Many more just see the club as a diversion now, even a tragi-comic one. This is the point I was making. I couldn't care less if the manager is punted after six games - not when certain individuals who have been at the club for the last 30 years are still there and have, effectively, brought the latest horrors on us.

Last edited:

It is.
At some point the huge FFP problem has to be addressed. It might be done with a combination of player sales and creative sponsorship.

If these rumours are true, it does point to much tighter restrictions and operating in a different market. I wondered if Benitez was seen as someone who could do that. Carlo certainly couldn’t.
FFP in it's present format needs to be shelved due to covid. I don't think we will see it brought back in for 3/4 years and by that stage one of the big boys will likely have challenged it again in the courts. The system is flawed and already reeling from the City affair.

No mate, whateevr about Begovic who is a decent keeper, Townsend shouldn't even be given a comp ticket for one of our games.

If you have serious ambitions to compete for CL place, you cant look at your bench and see Townsend as a viable option to come on and influence a game. Is there another club who we viably want to compete with who would see him as a legitimate option, no. That tells us all we need know.

Dont get me wrong, it wouldnt have been the direction i would have gone down.

However, if we have Townsend as 4th choice wide player on £50k a week...or backup right wing -- it may enable us to punt out Iwobi, Sigurdsson and Bernard.

Bring in circa £25mil for those three and £300k a week wages..

Weve saved £250k a week and have £25mil towards a starting right winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.