Full Capacity Stadiums set to be allowed in England for new season

Is it time to open the stadiums at full capacity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right about the average age being 82/83.
If this government had not let Covid rip through ( you guessed it Old Peoples homes ) while the rest of the country was under strict lockdown it would be a very different figure.
Anyway, that is the average so people will die at 30, 40 or whatever. Have a sister in law who is a nurse in Madrid of all places and the horror stories I hear fro mer are awful and relate to young otherwise healthy people. I for one will try to avoid it as far as possible

You are right about the average age being 82/83.
If this government had not let Covid rip through ( you guessed it Old Peoples homes ) while the rest of the country was under strict lockdown it would be a very different figure.
They made a mess of it for sure but I wouldn't call it a very different figure.
Internationally I believe the average age is around 80.

This NHS doctor in Yorkshire does

I find it best not to rely upon first hand accounts as the best guage of the situation. Compelling as they may sound. Much better to look at the stats for deaths and hospitalisations. I take your point though that they may help fill up the wards whilst not themselves being in a life threatening situation. I'd want to see stats though to take it as more than anecdotal.

Anyway, that is the average so people will die at 30, 40 or whatever. Have a sister in law who is a nurse in Madrid of all places and the horror stories I hear fro mer are awful and relate to young otherwise healthy people. I for one will try to avoid it as far as possible
Horror stories everywhere mate.
Last week i heard of a 25 yr old superfit young fireman in his 3rd week in hospital , a fair bit on a ventilator.
Heard today he's got scaring on his lungs plus other complications.
Fears for his livelyhood now.

Absolute myth this age thing.

I find it best not to rely upon first hand accounts as the best guage of the situation. Compelling as they may sound. Much better to look at the stats for deaths and hospitalisations. I take your point though that they may help fill up the wards whilst not themselves being in a life threatening situation. I'd want to see stats though to take it as more than anecdotal.
I’ve followed him for a while and he seems pretty legit but can understand the reticence about non-verified accounts,

However Leeds Teaching hospital was cancelling surgeries just last week due to high numbers of Covid cases

Younger, unvaccinated patients making up significant percentage of those ending up in the ICU is sadly getting oretty common here in the US

I’ve followed him for a while and he seems pretty legit but can understand the reticence about non-verified accounts,

However Leeds Teaching hospital was cancelling surgeries just last week due to high numbers of Covid cases

Younger, unvaccinated patients making up significant percentage of those ending up in the ICU is sadly getting oretty common here in the US
it's not that I doubt he's legit, just whether his experience is replicated nationwide

1,000 scientists back a letter to the UK Government published in the Lancet urging them to turn back from what they label a dangerous and unethical experiment with people's lives.

Dont sacrifice yourself or your people on an alter set up by a bunch of murderers who dont care if you live or die.

1,000 scientists back a letter to the UK Government published in thei Lancet urging them to turn back from what they label a dangerous and unethical experiment with people's lives.

Dont sacrifice yourself or your people on an alter set up by a bunch of murderers who dont care if you live or die.
If not now, when?
The numbers of cases will always increase when people mix. We can't all isolate from each other forever.

If not now, when?
The numbers of cases will always increase when people mix. We can't all isolate from each other forever.
Let me answer that question: not until every person - adult and child - are vaccinated...and even then there should be no return to the old normal in the sense we're facing in the next few days.

Stop parroting the BS propaganda of a cult in the Tory Party who'd rather see dead bodies "piled up in their thousands rather than do the right thing and supress this virus and its new variant.

Let me answer that question: not until every person - adult and child - are vaccinated...and even then there should be no return to the old normal in the sense we're facing in the next few days.

Stop parroting the BS propaganda of a cult in the Tory Party who'd rather see dead bodies "piled up in their thousands rather than do the right thing and supress this virus and its new variant.
You want 100% vaccination? Never going to happen. We can just all isolate from each other forever then???

This isn't party political. I just think we need to be realistic. We will never have zero Covid and we will never have 100% vaccination. I think waiting until 66% of the adult population are double vaccinated and 90% single vaccinated is close to as good as it's going to get.

Bearing in mind cases are doubling every week or so... Approx 100k people who will test positive in the next week caught the virus today.

I got covid last week and I've had both jabs. Pretty mild tbh. The biggest worry of all here is that we end up spawning a new variant in this country if infections go through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.