Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly.

But that’s probably still more of an active role than Carlo took. Always made me a bit nervous that he seemed so detached from the sessions.

Which all sounds like I’m saying I’d sooner have Benitez than Ancelotti. That’s not the case by any stretch… just trying to find the (small) positives.
Why would you sooner have Ancelotti?

He had us at 10th and let his son take all the sessions he should have been earning his cash for.

Nice feller. Cant say I dislike him. But he took the utter piss at Everton and I'm guessing Benitez will at least turn up first thing and leave last thing at FF while hes here...and get us better results.

I had to smile when I read about Rafael trying allegedly to offload our highest paid players to meet financial rules..he is the biggest mercenary of all
Hey ho we are Everton

You look at that training video and you see a lot of broken dreams.

Moise Kean - left out of a victorious Italian European Championship squad that was spearheaded by Ciro Immobile rather than Paolo Rossi...
Michael Keane - once a viable contender to be one of England's starting centre halves...
Andre Gomes - nowhere to be seen in the Portuguese squad that attempted a defence of their European title...
Seamus Coleman - captain of a side not good enough to make the most bloated Euros in history...
Gylfi Sigurdsson - star player of an Icelandic side that lit up the last Euros, now in decline...
Jean-Philippe Gbamin - once played more than two games in a row...
James Rodriguez - last seen happy when on a private jet...used to play for Real Madrid...
Alex Iwobi - once signed for STG 28m..
All of 'em fabulously well-to-do professional footballers playing in the Premier League of Ingerland.

A lot of broken dreams, you say?

Sympathise totally mate i dont think ive ever hated our club as much as now. Feels like a marriage finally gone bad after a 50 years rollercoaster - im beginning to hate the sight of her now. Remember being proper pissed when Mountfield was eased out for Watson but this new Everton takes the biscuit.
It’s not wholly this, it’s modern football mate, I find it hard to have empathy or connection with players like I did with former players. As far as I’m concerned Benitez taking over is just business a job so I’m not getting wound by it. i ont be shouting his name to the roof tops I’ll. E just be supporting the team but every passing year I lose something in regards to my passion and its sad. I think there are a lot of fans over 40 who probably feel the same. But I will always go the game and back my team.
s

I have always been infatuated with Everton, not just going the games but everything, at times they've meant so much to me it's as if they've been integral to my very existence.

Next season will be the first one were I'll have a completely detached viewpoint, hardly caring whether we win or lose do well or are relegated. Since the Spanish waiter's appointment it's far easier to recognise football as just a game, unimportant, any disappointment only transitory and temporary.

Perspective is everything, football is not life and Benitez in charge makes it almost worthless to me. Disinterest is my new disposition.
I’m not quite there but I understand where you are mate. It an apathy I feel.

Carefully selected ?? The lads looked knackered at the end. I hope the team are getting a roasting, I see Benny as a similar manager to Moyes (I hope). I'm not one of those lads who want a sexy Everton yet, Hard work has to come first and after that admittedly 20 minute vid, it was quick and sharp... Looks more likely than the chuckle vids we had last year. This could of course be cleverly edited shots but I prey the team are finally getting worked properly.
It looks more intense than them kick abouts last season

Always quite interested by some of the drills in these.

If you're a youngster, sure, the fundamental pass-and-move drills make sense - suddenly you are having to do it at incredible pace. But what does James, Allan, Richarlison, Gomes etc. learn from it?
It isn't about teaching them how to pass the ball, it is about movement on the ball and more importantly off it.

It is about doing everything faster and one touch football does just that.
It is also a great way to get fit because of the running involved and it helps the other players to learn about making themselves available so that they can be found with a pass.

Why would you sooner have Ancelotti?

He had us at 10th and let his son take all the sessions he should have been earning his cash for.

Nice feller. Cant say I dislike him. But he took the utter piss at Everton and I'm guessing Benitez will at least turn up first thing and leave last thing at FF while hes here...and get us better results.

Not sure I agree with those last five words. Agree with every word of the rest, despite how I feel about Benitez.

I do think Benitez is likely to leave Finch Farm better than he found it, despite our disagreement over the last five words.

Very glad to hear R.A.F.A. speaking so passionately about the club and the city and vowing to give us enough success to earn him the right to still be here when the new stadium opens. If he wants to still be here by that point then it shows he’s committed and not just here for a very short-term payday. Either way we just can’t keep getting a new manager every season. It’s madness and doesn’t work. Our new manager will now need all our support and I’m sure he’ll get it. As blues we’re known as a fairly logical, patient
and reasonable fan-base.

Actual coaching in training
Hard nosed manager
Even miserable arse Moise Kean smiling

Something special is brewing mate im telling you - sign some proper players and we are getting a top half finish 100%

Is actually good to see a manager getting involved in training rather than Koeman Allardyce Silva Ancelotti just standing there letting their assistants take the session.

Very glad to hear R.A.F.A. speaking so passionately about the club and the city and vowing to give us enough success to earn him the right to still be here when the new stadium opens. If he wants to still be here by that point then it shows he’s committed and not just here for a very short-term payday. Either way we just can’t keep getting a new manager every season. It’s madness and doesn’t work. Our new manager will now need all our support and I’m sure he’ll get it. As blues we’re known as a fairly logical, patient
and reasonable fan-base.
Nice of the Royal Airforce Association to comment favourably on our coming season. My arl fella would have been made up to hear them talking about us as he was a member , having served with the RAF during the war
Have to say travelling the country and talking to other clubs fans I have always found that they generally regard us as a bunch of embittered , arrogant , borderline psychopaths with a latent propensity for theft but with the saving grace of a cracking sense of self deprecating humour.
Or that could just be me?

I like the rumored Dumfries buy and the Maximin rumors. So far he is at least looking to bring in guys I can get behind. Koulibaly links are interesting but I don’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.