Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been infatuated with Everton, not just going the games but everything, at times they've meant so much to me it's as if they've been integral to my very existence.

Next season will be the first one were I'll have a completely detached viewpoint, hardly caring whether we win or lose do well or are relegated. Since the Spanish waiter's appointment it's far easier to recognise football as just a game, unimportant, any disappointment only transitory and temporary.

Perspective is everything, football is not life and Benitez in charge makes it almost worthless to me. Disinterest is my new disposition.

Our team hasn't changed that much and so far Sancho hasn't pulled up trees in England, a 15 point swing from last season isn't impossible when you think we need 8 more and they need 7 less.

Like I said I don't think we will finish fourth but it is possible, whereas 1st/2nd and 3rd are not.
It is possible with an outstanding season I suppose. Need quality this window with pace and mobility and our so called technical players gomes and siggy james (or replacements as well there) to perform every week.

I have always been infatuated with Everton, not just going the games but everything, at times they've meant so much to me it's as if they've been integral to my very existence.

Next season will be the first one were I'll have a completely detached viewpoint, hardly caring whether we win or lose do well or are relegated. Since the Spanish waiter's appointment it's far easier to recognise football as just a game, unimportant, any disappointment only transitory and temporary.

Perspective is everything, football is not life and Benitez in charge makes it worthless to me.

Tell you what makes things actually worthless when you had a so called Evertonian who put his own ego ahead of the well being of the club and nearly seen us liquidated and owing money to a filthy Billionaire.

I am sure you can get over this Benitez appointment.

Rafael stopped being innovative in 2009.

Definitely. I would be really interested what someone like Guardiola, Tuchel, Bielsa do differently.

Beyond the astronomical financial rewards football in the day-to-day looks seriously dull. Must be particularly grinding If you are a lower end of League Two professional.

Rafael stopped being innovative in 2009.
Your totally right judging by his last appointments, Surely though.. now he is here, there is only two ways to look at this... Look, I was as angry and dissulusioned as you a few weeks ago... Most of us were.. but glass half full or glass half empty is all we have right now. We have the biggest Kopite in charge of our side now, it's abhorrent to all of us Mike but I can't get my head around jibing at anyone still supporting the cloob, If he fails, he will be out eventually, as would Nuno, Moyes or Howe, if he actually gets it though and we start playing actual football, can some of us enjoy it without the sarcasm and digs ?

Always quite interested by some of the drills in these.

If you're a youngster, sure, the fundamental pass-and-move drills make sense - suddenly you are having to do it at incredible pace. But what does James, Allan, Richarlison, Gomes etc. learn from it?
If it means Gomes has to pass and move at anything higher than a snail's pace, I'd say quite a lot.

Your totally right judging by his last appointments, Surely though.. now he is here, there is only two ways to look at this... Look, I was as angry and dissulusioned as you a few weeks ago... Most of us were.. but glass half full or glass half empty is all we have right now. We have the biggest Kopite in charge of our side now, it's abhorrent to all of us Mike but I can't get my head around jibing at anyone still supporting the cloob, If he fails, he will be out eventually, as would Nuno, Moyes or Howe, if he actually gets it though and we start playing actual football, can some of us enjoy it without the sarcasm and digs ?

I don’t think he’ll “fail” per-say. He’s a mid table manager managing a mid table club, he’ll just finish mid table.

My frustration is with the club more than him. They have just given up actually trying to become anything now. So in that case, so have I.

since he's apparently run the boys ragged in training hopefully this means Gylfi will finally put in a transfer request. Unfortunately it means Hamez will put in his second transfer request of the month.

I don’t think he’ll “fail” per-say. He’s a mid table manager managing a mid table club, he’ll just finish mid table.
Fair play mate, I don't doubt your wrong really but I just want a little positivity before the season starts, christ we had a worldy manager last season and we finished midtable.. If we're already feeling dead and buried it's going to be a looong season. I don't like to live every single part of my life like that, Everton is supposed to be a light at the end of a long tunnel. I'm not getting any younger. When your 50 years old... I presume your not ... You take the shoite and try to make a decent brew out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.