Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly.

But that’s probably still more of an active role than Carlo took. Always made me a bit nervous that he seemed so detached from the sessions.

Which all sounds like I’m saying I’d sooner have Benitez than Ancelotti. That’s not the case by any stretch… just trying to find the (small) positives.
Or its quite possible you are slowly warming to it. Dont let a hypocritical fat shamer get in your head BB. You are better than this. We are CA oldschooler buddys.

I have no faith in him anyway from a management perspective, but as a point of principle I think its sound to not want a kopite in charge. And to demand his removal. Clearly im not alone in that view either.

lol lol lol lol lol

Based on what? a bit of carefully selected video?

Oh dear, you're grasping at straws here lad
Carefully selected ?? The lads looked knackered at the end. I hope the team are getting a roasting, I see Benny as a similar manager to Moyes (I hope). I'm not one of those lads who want a sexy Everton yet, Hard work has to come first and after that admittedly 20 minute vid, it was quick and sharp... Looks more likely than the chuckle vids we had last year. This could of course be cleverly edited shots but I prey the team are finally getting worked properly.

No idea if it’s been posted on here before

Always quite interested by some of the drills in these.

If you're a youngster, sure, the fundamental pass-and-move drills make sense - suddenly you are having to do it at incredible pace. But what does James, Allan, Richarlison, Gomes etc. learn from it?

I have been quietly very much against this appointment, but then a small glimmer of a smile crossed my face earlier as I had a thought.
Not read the thread so soneone else may have already posted something similar:

Imagine we are being Everton, 5 easy games lost in a row, crowds on his back, and we take to the field in a Merseyside derby, Kopites sing his name in a naff, faux, pre organised display of spontaneous classness...
And we score..
And with a combination of the previous games, the pressure he's under, the sense of occasion... He forgets where he is and celebrates..
All those hearts breaking, the cries of judas... Just the cries... The visible rage and sense of entitlement would be awesome to behold.
Rawk would cause the Internet to be banned.

Almost worth bringing him in just for the possibility of it lol.
Was almost worth bringing Carlo in for what happened last season.That day was joyous.

Always quite interested by some of the drills in these.

If you're a youngster, sure, the fundamental pass-and-move drills make sense - suddenly you are having to do it at incredible pace. But what does James, Allan, Richarlison, Gomes etc. learn from it?

To be fair I’m not sure these players along with everyone else in the squad know or remember how to pass and move.

The constant "one touch, one touch, one touch" reminder baffles me. It's like they've never had to do it before seeing how many of them keep taking two touches.
Have you not watched the last 10 years mate :D I was surprised some of them had ever kicked a ball before after most of last years performances.

To be fair I’m not sure these players know or remember how to pass and move.

But you get what I mean right?

"Today's innovative drill for those of you who have lived the game for 30+ years is... Pass the ball, quickly".

Status
Not open for further replies.