Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know technically he doesn't need to be fit, but I can't imagine players taking him seriously.
To be fair I wouldn’t take some of our players seriously.
At least he can back himself with trophies, some of the jokes we have in our squad would have no right to question any manager.

Quite possibly.

But that’s probably still more of an active role than Carlo took. Always made me a bit nervous that he seemed so detached from the sessions.

Which all sounds like I’m saying I’d sooner have Benitez than Ancelotti. That’s not the case by any stretch… just trying to find the (small) positives.
Carlos was ordering horse heads while Dunc was running the sessions.

Exactly what I thought having watched the latest vid. He and his coaches a lot more hands-on and vocal. Making them do lots of one and two-touch drills by the looks of it.
I must admit watching those videos last season Carlo was very passive and not hands on. I guess that was his style.
I realise now that was pretty much reflected by the players on the pitch…. Passive

If you are what you eat then you play how you train

If you train hard with intensity then you play hard

I’m pretty sure that is why Liverpool win so much
Agreed and it also comes down to winning mentality and something we’ve lacked too.
It seemed way too comfortable and relaxed last season, not enough healthy tension after poor performances was my perception.

It all depends on our brave lionhearts’ feelings toward him; they will ‘down tools’ in a heartbeat if he does or says anything to upset them. I think our lionhearts do not enjoy being pushed and I expect they will insist they play similarly to last season (i.e. at snail’s pace). I expect a finish of 8-12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.