Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play mate, I don't doubt your wrong really but I just want a little positivity before the season starts, christ we had a worldy manager last season and we finished midtable.. If we're already feeling dead and buried it's going to be a looong season. I don't like to live every single part of my life like that, Everton is supposed to be a light at the end of a long tunnel. I'm not getting any younger. When your 50 years old... I presume your not ... You take the shoite and try to make a decent brew out of it.
Having a worldy manager and a disinterested worldy manager are worlds apart. In my opinion Ancelotti was the disinterested version

Always quite interested by some of the drills in these.

If you're a youngster, sure, the fundamental pass-and-move drills make sense - suddenly you are having to do it at incredible pace. But what does James, Allan, Richarlison, Gomes etc. learn from it?
I suppose the pass and move drill for some our players is getting across to them that ‘move‘ doesn’t mean hide. Making sure that whoever has the ball has two or three options at all times.

I don’t think he’ll “fail” per-say. He’s a mid table manager managing a mid table club, he’ll just finish mid table.

My frustration is with the club more than him. They have just given up actually trying to become anything now. So in that case, so have I.
He's a safe manager with the slight potential to move us forward. Is he going to revolutionise our play and push us towards success? I suspect it's unlikely.

I have always been infatuated with Everton, not just going the games but everything, at times they've meant so much to me it's as if they've been integral to my very existence.

Next season will be the first one were I'll have a completely detached viewpoint, hardly caring whether we win or lose do well or are relegated. Since the Spanish waiter's appointment it's far easier to recognise football as just a game, unimportant, any disappointment only transitory and temporary.

Perspective is everything, football is not life and Benitez in charge makes it almost worthless to me. Disinterest is my new disposition.
Sympathise totally mate i dont think ive ever hated our club as much as now. Feels like a marriage finally gone bad after a 50 years rollercoaster - im beginning to hate the sight of her now. Remember being proper pissed when Mountfield was eased out for Watson but this new Everton takes the biscuit.

God mate you’re trying hard here , on the basis of what a few soundbites and 30 secs of a training video montage ?

I hope you’re right but I’ll wait for a bit more before I dust of the heart emojis

Actual coaching in training
Hard nosed manager
Even miserable arse Moise Kean smiling

Something special is brewing mate im telling you - sign some proper players and we are getting a top half finish 100%

Actual coaching in training
Hard nosed manager
Even miserable arse Moise Kean smiling

Something special is brewing mate im telling you - sign some proper players and we are getting a top half finish 100%
top half finish!? Carl Anchovies can only dream of such exhilarating heights.

I found the appointment abhorrent to start with and sound bites from pressers aside I’m still not on board with it but I got a feeling it will prove me and the rest of us wrong

You look at that training video and you see a lot of broken dreams.

Moise Kean - left out of a victorious Italian European Championship squad that was spearheaded by Ciro Immobile rather than Paolo Rossi...
Michael Keane - once a viable contender to be one of England's starting centre halves...
Andre Gomes - nowhere to be seen in the Portuguese squad that attempted a defence of their European title...
Seamus Coleman - captain of a side not good enough to make the most bloated Euros in history...
Gylfi Sigurdsson - star player of an Icelandic side that lit up the last Euros, now in decline...
Jean-Philippe Gbamin - once played more than two games in a row...
James Rodriguez - last seen happy when on a private jet...used to play for Real Madrid...
Alex Iwobi - once signed for STG 28m...

I realise that we had a few players away for the European Championship and Copa America, but there's a lot of faded stars and unfulfilled promise left behind at Finch Farm. Senor Benitez has a big job to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.