2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have some strange fans who try their best to try and act as though every save is a save others can make and its not as good as it was and is, who act as though Pickford is rubbish, we even have some fans who say Pickford was not good his 1st year or the last 5/6months, we even have fans who wont and cant give Pickford credit were due, but they never find it hard to moan about him lol ;) The life and times of an Everton fan hey lol

He's turned from a frustrating immature mess into a solid rock of a keeper, don't understand why he's still getting flak, he was the best performer of the last 6 months under Carlo and has done really well for England that started off below average and only conceded 1 goal the entire tournament, what more do people want from him ?

just watched it on youtube, neville was moving from a corner and the header was inside the 6 yard box

the two are hardly comparable

pickford was stationary and the shot came from outside the box so he had more time to react to it

Ok lad. I concede. It was bog standard.
People are right. Pickford has the toughest audience of any keeper.

the lad was criticised for failing to save a freekick that wasn't even in the corner yesterday

if he had let that havertz shot in, he probably would have been hounded back to england

so every single free kick has got to be in the corner for it to not be a keeper error? The pace and swerve has no bearing at all? Is every single ronaldo free kick down the years been keeper errors when it wasnt top corner?

He's turned from a frustrating immature mess into a solid rock of a keeper, don't understand why he's still getting flak, he was the best performer of the last 6 months under Carlo and has done really well for England that started off below average and only conceded 1 goal the entire tournament, what more do people want from him ?
Hes had one sorta difficult game.... Haters gonna hate.... Tosspots

You brought it up and you said he's made 1 single save of note in the whole tournament.
So im guessing you brought it up for a reason.
i also said the goal he conceded yesterday was unsaveable and that i hope he gets MOM in the final and proves everyone wrong

some people will view the havertz save as a world class save and others will say he should have saved it because it was hit straight at him, im just in the latter in respect of those opinions

i also said the goal he conceded yesterday was unsaveable and that i hope he gets MOM in the final and proves everyone wrong

some people will view the havertz save as a world class save and others will say he should have saved it because it was hit straight at him, im just in the latter in respect of those opinions

Opinions yes. My opinion is anyone who thinks that havertz save wasnt top class needs to know the difference between reality and playstation games.
But i agree. It would be boring if everyone thought the same way.

Come through a hell of a time since "that" incident,I saw it actually mentioned in black and white in the build up to the game last night for the first time about the death threats, enormous strength of character he has shown,I just worry for the lad there still appears to be a witch-hunt out there for him in the media,evidenced again yesterday almost as if they are looking for anything of note they can jump on about him, who knows how fragile his own mental state still is currently?,I'm not saying he should be given a free ride, just he should be praised for his level of consistency and cut some slack.

We know now that Pickford will be critisised by many every time he fails to save the kind of shot that commentators often
describe as unstoppable.

He would have been blamed if Muller had scored that 1on1, and saving in that situation is probably harder stopping a well taken penalty. In fact someone here did find fault with the way he dealt with it a few posts ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.