Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see the opposite, he is too professional for time wasters, and poor efforts always get noticed by the fans.
If this lot suddenly do perform I'll want to know why they never bothered under Carlo, just because he wasnt interested they didnt have to down tools as well.
Too professional? And Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti were all amateurs? They will see him off just like all of his predecessors and this time it will be much easier.

Me too. Mad I know, but just think it will.

I am a bit of an optimist and get this feeling with most managers, but have been quietly impressed with how Benitez has gone about things early doors.

I have listened and read a lot about him since hes came, a lot from Liverpool fans. While a lot is rubbish, what comes up a lot is hes a man who's not going to be bothered what Everton, or Liverpool fans think of him. Hes quite clinical and obsessive about trying to win.

While I cant really stand the man personally, it would be hypocritical of me not to say I dont have a respect for those things as I do.

I dont think it will be pretty, or entertaining but can see it being effective. In fairness I was calling for this most of last season, so if he delivers that, I will give him his props.

What I'd also say, is it's kind of strange having a manager that you dont really like, but who you are just able to look at and say- show me what you've got then. That's where I am at. Theres no illusions. We can be understated and I think that suits as a club and probably suits this group of players.

The one caveat I'd add is what happened to Sam Allardyce. By the end the fans made the position untenable. He has to avoid that at all costs. A good start will be key.

Oh no !!!

It's literally the Kiss of Death !

1625782471968.png

Status
Not open for further replies.