Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder if this is to do with Benitez bringing in some of his own guys?

Basil has bee around for some time.
We have a terrible injury record.
Are those 2 statement linked ? I don't know.
But if this is the start of a purge of jobs for mates based on sentimentality rather than quality I'm all for it.
Under CA the idea that we gave the job of coach to his so with no real qualification was absurd.

Basil has bee around for some time.
We have a terrible injury record.
Are those 2 statement linked ? I don't know.
But if this is the start of a purge of jobs for mates based on sentimentality rather than quality I'm all for it.
Under CA the idea that we gave the job of coach to his so with no real qualification was absurd.
Job opening for Purple Aki

on the Wirral

A Massive mansion in Caldy mate, not Birkenhead.

CALDY GAFF..jpg

I actually dont mind a defensive style, just aslong as it actualy works and we concede less than those around us.

Every good team needs to defend well, attacking is hard, I dont want us to go gung-ho, like Leeds, but we do need to find a way to score more.

That balance looks bloody hard to get right, and if we are not winning games, lets not lose them. Lots of fans wont like that, but thats the game.
Been tied up mate.
Good points. I will only have limited patience with a defensive style having had so much of it in recent years. I must admit I was prepared to live with it with Carlo for last season expecting him to have a big summer this year to get in another 4 decent players to shift the balance of the team/squad towards a pacier, more get stuck in, front foot style of play.
The only wiggle room I give Benitez is the squad is so imbalanced and slow. Changes of personnel on the pitch are vital in fairness to him and that is not just down to him. I just can’t get excited about the thought of Plan A home and away being super defensive. But he hasn’t had even a week of training yet so maybe those fears are unfounded. Time will tell!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.