Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And? Saying he’s not good enough for Real Madrid isn’t the same as saying he’s absolutely gash.

He will flop at Real Madrid if he goes there. He isn’t at that level. He could play for someone like Sevilla.
Also imagine the level of sulkiness he would achieve if he was a squad player at Madrid. His last season he was underwhelming but he always had a eagerness to get on the pitch. There he would his mind on the bench

This the same real madrid that paid £40m for a kid that hadn't kicked a ball professionally?

It sounds like you're going off the reputation of real madrid as opposed to the real life real madrid.

I honestly dont know where this idea has suddenly popped up that Richarlison is some bang average player. The lad has around a 1 in 2 striker rate for us predominantly playing as a winger. Hes been here for 3 seasons and has consistently been one of if not our best player. Even last season where he had a poor season by his standards he still got 13 goals and 3 assist in 40 games.

I wish we had more players who on their bad seasons still had a 1 in 3 goal involvement.
different times after covid but the benchmarks they have are 45M€ Rodrygo, 30M€ Reinier and 63M€ Jovic. Would be absurd to let him go for under 50M given the length of time on his contract, and the fact we have absolutely nobody to replace him

And? Saying he’s not good enough for Real Madrid isn’t the same as saying he’s absolutely gash.

He will flop at Real Madrid if he goes there. He isn’t at that level. He could play for someone like Sevilla.
Mike, he is much better than Asensio (at the moment), Jovic, Rodrygo and Vinicius... he would be absolutely fine there.

My concern with Everton is that Dortmund and Athletico are always mentioned as a potential model for success, but with our transfer record the past few years I have no confidence in the part where you're required to acquire a quality replacement.
Normally these clubs (e.g. Sevilla) have the replacement already in place when the other player leaves... thats why it would be madness to sell Richarlison at the moment, we have two forwards that are good enough, ideally we would have 5 or 6.

different times after covid but the benchmarks they have are 45M€ Rodrygo, 30M€ Reinier and 63M€ Jovic. Would be absurd to let him go for under 50M given the length of time on his contract, and the fact we have absolutely nobody to replace him
It's OK mate, some absolute whoppers on here say we should just get a kid in who is just as good and will improve over time, for half the price.
Why don't we just do that then....

Normally these clubs (e.g. Sevilla) have the replacement already in place when the other player leaves... thats why it would be madness to sell Richarlison at the moment, we have two forwards that are good enough, ideally we would have 5 or 6.
Exactly we already have glaring deficiencies in our squad, to sell a known quality for an player of unknown potential would be daft. Like with Lukaku during koemans first season we knew he had ambitions beyond Everton, should had his successor in place instead of scrambling for Giroud at the last minute

I worked it out the other day.

Weve spent £55mil a year net since Moshiri came in.

Yet he claims he wants us challenging around the top of the league.

Poppycock and an eyeopener.

It puts us 3rd in the whole league since he arrived.

No he's not. Palace are entertaining offers of around 30-35 mil for him. His value is around 40 mil at the most.

Richarlison is a 50 mil player currently. We would be lucky to get 60mil.

Well Palace apparently want 50m for him. He's also 28, where Richarlison is 24.

How much is Firmino, who is nearly 30 worth, having scored less league goals than Richarlison?

And if he was worth 40m when he scored 5 league goals, why is he worth only 25% more when he has established himself as Brazil's number 9 and doubled his goal output?

Rather than deflecting, or telling other people to behave, why don't you answer the questions that are set?

Wow that is absolutely mental.
All that money spent and we can’t even field a decent first XI most of the season.

We’ve bought some absolute garbage and nothing really has had a sell on value.

Using transfermarkt I think we are 5th on net spend, and I believe 7th since Brands arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.