2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donarumma is a cracking keeper but like all keepers he has his faults. He likes to come for crosses which is not a bad thing but he found himself well off his line and exposed on one occasion. If Pickford concedes a screamer in the top right corner against someone then no doubt it will be his fault for some vague unreasonable reason and if England miss a sitter then lets blame Pickford also. Total witch hunt against him

Go all the way through the tournament without conceding a goal and Pickford will be known as an all time great keeper. I’ve been critical of him in the past, but every credit for becoming so consistent in recent months. Keep it going, and then bring those clean sheets back to Everton! I can understand why people still question him, he has made what I thought were unforgivable mistakes in the past, but it turns out they were forgivable. No need to replace Jordan, just a new midfield and a couple of others!

Go all the way through the tournament without conceding a goal and Pickford will be known as an all time great keeper. I’ve been critical of him in the past, but every credit for becoming so consistent in recent months. Keep it going, and then bring those clean sheets back to Everton! I can understand why people still question him, he has made what I thought were unforgivable mistakes in the past, but it turns out they were forgivable. No need to replace Jordan, just a new midfield and a couple of others!

More likely that the media will say how amazing the defenders were to limit the chances and the keeper was a passenger mostly.
I just don’t trust the media/pundits with Pickford.

That’s the kind of optimism that will spread confidence!
Any Everton fan wishing pickford to have a bad game needs to have a long look at themselves.
How will that help us next season if are keeper has his confidence shot and demonized by the rest of the country?
Baffle me some people , even if you dont like England you should hope he has a good game.

More likely that the media will say how amazing the defenders were to limit the chances and the keeper was a passenger mostly.
I just don’t trust the media/pundits with Pickford.
You’re not wrong. I saw a beaut showing the split Manchester defence that hadn’t conceded so far. No mention of Jordan! I am sure he would be remembered by future generations though, if England were to go all the way. I doubt a keeper has ever not conceded in a tournament, although I could be wrong. Cmon England! Cmon Jordan! It’s the libertines song. Time for heroes!

It is quite possiblehe could go through the tournament without conceeding a goal and finish up with a loser’s medal.

(England and Italy draw 0-0 and Italy win the shoot out)

If you're a Crusader fan the alarm bells are ringing.

Pickford knows his bubble of competence has burst and he'll struggle to keep a lid on more howlers...and it'll happen on a massive stage.

I can smell his fear.
I can smell something to, but it might offend you, so best keep it to myself.

Holy smokes how quickly some in here forget, a couple of decent games for England and hes back to being unfaultable.
It was never a witch hunt for Pickford, he really was that bad for a decent stretch of time, and not for the first time in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.