2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a big, big issue for me this. I'd go as far as saying it was disgusting actually from all involved. The club should have pulled rank.

Club and Ancelotti ultimately allowed it. He should have been on the bench even with no intention to play, so he could be there for the lap of appreciation at least.

Bit like how the club and Ancelotti should have made sure we weren't so reliant on a 29-year-old who hasn't been able to stay fit for a full season for about 6 years.

he'll be a miss, but we will be able to play another way. I'm just fed up of what stuff like this says about the club. We complain about mediocrity but then happily wave off actually talented players while dossers see out massive contracts and offer nothing.

I know you aren't doing this, but there's some serious revisionism in this thread. When he played he was often our standout player, despite all the lazy stereotyping that went on. We got 26 games out of him, which if we go back to when we signed him was probably what was expected.

Not bothered to be honest. Did some nice things sporadically but we don’t need a player who is absent as much as he was. I don’t think the PL suited him.

Can we stop the revisionism. It's got us nowhere.
What revisionism ? He's a luxury player, missing more game than he plays, yes he's skilled there's no doubting that but being available only 30/40% of the time we need him isn't great especially when as has happened in some of his few appearances he has had off games where he hasn't performed well and has been at the standard of the rest of the team.

Club and Ancelotti ultimately allowed it. He should have been on the bench even with no intention to play, so he could be there for the lap of appreciation at least.

Bit like how the club and Ancelotti should have made sure we weren't so reliant on a 29-year-old who hasn't been able to stay fit for a full season for about 6 years.

he'll be a miss, but we will be able to play another way. I'm just fed up of what stuff like this says about the club. We complain about mediocrity but then happily wave off actually talented players while dossers see out massive contracts and offer nothing.

I know you aren't doing this, but there's some serious revisionism in this thread. When he played he was often our standout player, despite all the lazy stereotyping that went on. We got 26 games out of him, which if we go back to when we signed him was probably what was expected.
He won't be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.