2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasn't injured (or is it being not arsed ?) so much it would be a shame to see him go, but he's a luxury player that we don't really need at this time so probably the best thing for all parties if he moves on for a fee

If he wasn't injured (or is it being not arsed ?) so much it would be a shame to see him go, but he's a luxury player that we don't really need at this time so probably the best thing for all parties if he moves on for a fee

It's injury. And it is a shame to see him go.

We've got Gomes, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Iwobi etc all still on the books. Yet it's not a shame to see James go?

Can we stop the revisionism. It's got us nowhere.

Everton keep letting their best players leave and have shown no evidence we know how to replace them. So until that starts changing and fans stop accepting it, we'll go nowhere.

It's a massive shame to see a player of James' quality leave.

If we'd got rid of all the tosh, and people were like ah well, it's for the best with James, then fine, I could just about stomach that.

If he's the first one out of the door it just sums up how badly run the club is.

And yes, I don't trust Brands to get it right because he's shown zero evidence he can pick a creative player.

Saying goodbye to one of the most talented footballers we’ve had in years, after only staying here for one pandemic impacted year where he was injured for the few home games that we had fans in, in part because we are hiring a fat, past-it, ex-Liverpool legend to manage us who doesn’t get along with him.

Superb.

Saying goodbye to one of the most talented footballers we’ve had in years, after only staying here for one pandemic impacted year where he was injured for the few home games that we had fans in, in part because we are hiring a fat, past-it, ex-Liverpool legend to manage us who doesn’t get along with him.

Superb.
How can you blame the new manager? Once two faced Carlo was gone, so was he. Pathetic link mate, you may not want the manager but blaming him for this is dismal.

Superb.

Everton, that.

TBF, I'm sure Rafael would happily keep James.

My feeling is the club would want his wages off the books rather than keep him if Mendes - as it seems - has been doing what Mendes does and finding a move, which James will genuinely just give a nod to or decline either way (but he'd clearly be happy to move).

There'll be no resistance from us. And while I can see why, it's just pathetic, because we have Delph, Iwobi, Bernard and Gomes who all contribute nothing. We have Sigurdsson who, while I've stood by him, isn't anywhere near the quality of James.

Instead of adding to the genuinely fantastic talent we have - but one who we just simply were far too reliant on, and that is on the manager and poor recruitment - we're just starting from scratch, again.

I'm sick of it. It's every other year. And I will be fascinated to see what happens if a bid comes in for DCL and he starts to get itchy, btw.

I thought I'd be lot more arsed about him going than I am.

His ridiculous antics at the end of the season and the same at Christmas were too much to ignore for me though.

To get a fee is fantastic news. Tremendous player, but doesn't fancy actually playing much.

Let’s hope the club refund all the shirts with his name on them that have already been purchased ready for next season.

probably just offer a swap for a Delph one as there’s loads of them unsold..
I;ve never bought a player named shirt before him and the amber one this year. Got it in April for my birthday from the Mrs. Honestly, I should have warned all you about that as soon as I got it that he would be off the next season because that's my luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.