2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he was on form he was a joy to watch and I hoped he would be here along with Carlo for a couple of years whilst the search for younger players went on in terms of a long term strategy whilst we progressed up the league and perhaps won a cup or two.

Delusional to some I know but that’s what I had hoped. He has his faults of course but I can’t help being disappointed at the whole thing considering how we started last season, a part of me was hoping it wouldn’t be yet another period of flattering to deceive.

Annoying though as, if he could be arsed, he would rip it up.

Not even just a case of him not being arsed, his body is fragile due to his injuries and he was probably scared of getting one too many volleys from some Burnley cart horse and having his career ended. Truth is he was never physically cut out for the league at this stage of his career.

When he was on form he was a joy to watch and I hoped he would be here along with Carlo for a couple of years whilst the search for younger players went on in terms of a long term strategy whilst we progressed up the league and perhaps won a cup or two.

Delusional to some I know but that’s what I had hoped. He has his faults of course but I can’t help being disappointed at the whole thing considering how we started last season, a part of me was hoping it wouldn’t be yet another period of flattering to deceive.
Iis disappointing but he was only ever here for CA.
We saw throughout the season that Carlo covered for him on several occasions and he was not going to hang around when Carlo left and similar to Carlo the opportunity to go to a club with a bigger reputation than Everton is good for his ego.

A lovely player, a joy to watch when playing well but ultimately not a massive loss when you consider how much time he misses.

We should be ashamed if we think that James is better than Siggy, Allan or Doucoure?

I think as a creative player, you can only compare him to Sigurdsson. The other two have important roles in the team but they're not playmaker. As to Sigurdsson, if you can't tell James is the better player of the two, then you are clearly blind.
It's absolutely mad. Remember when Sigurdsson signed for the biggest clubs in two countries? Cos I bloody don't.

Get rid. The stunt at the end of the season was enough for me. Wasn't fit enough, played far too deep so he could have more time on the ball -when we needed him further forward. We don't have the players to compliment him on the pitch effectively anyhow and came for Carlo only, not the club. Goodbye James, thanks for a few lovely moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.