Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovation, fireworks no. But why boo just don’t say nothing if you don’t want him. Don’t get me wrong everyone can do what they want, they pay the same as me to go. But day 1, especially after what we have gone through nearly 2 seasons. The old lady should be rocking and trying to get the season off in a positive way. If we are successful under him let’s just say and we all should want that no?? As we have done nothing for 30 years do the fans that boo, or protest or leave banners outside the ground jump back on the train and go yeah let’s go everton.

I agree I certainly won’t boo , clap him I really don’t think I can yet .

I also agree after a pandemic and with a new manager the place should be rocking and that it might not /probably won’t be is down to the identify of the appointment plain and simple.

I sympathise with the season tickets holders who say they won't go the game while he is manager.

I hope they take a moment and take the summer break to reflect on this decision. Managers , owners and players will come and go but Everton will always be our club. Have a good few weeks relaxing with family and hopefully you will feel better and maybe excited if we make a few new signings.

I can't understand the likes of @billy bluestar giving up on the blues because the players take the knee before games to show unity against discrimination and racism.

Now that is truly sad in my eyes.

I sympathise with the season tickets holders who say they won't go the game while he is manager.

I hope they take a moment and take the summer break to reflect on this decision. Managers , owners and players will come and go but Everton will always be our club. Have a good few weeks relaxing with family and hopefully you will feel better and maybe excited if we make a few new signings.

I can't understand the likes of @billy bluestar giving up on the blues because the players take the knee before games to show unity against discrimination and racism.

Maybe now that he's realised that all the things he thought about BLM aren't true he will accept his errors and will come back.

The one constant phrase I hear in this thread is "he wasn't my first choice as manager but....."
I am curious to know if, before we learned that he was in the running for the job, would any fan have even thought of Benitez as a possible manager of EFC?
He wasn't even listed in the original poll on here.
Oh...I forgot that Moshiri is one of our biggest and bestest "fans"

Inappropriate Content

@billy bluestar blacks up and wanks off farmyard animals so let's not worry too much about what that little cretin has to say.

So now life-long Evertonians shouldn't go to Goodison if they have some integrity and are rightfully pissed off that the burst Spanish knacker is Manager?
Who decides if your clapping is happy enough to deserve to watch the game??

Surely its right not to jump on the Bandwagon of a runaway red wreck?
So my dad been going for 35 years and fully black. Went through the hard times of English football with racism even suffered it from supporters of this club, and me personally witnessing the abuse. Is my dad not a life long going home and away evertonian, as he not got integrity because he will be there day 1 and support his team and back him, even though he didn’t want him as did I, but he wants us to be a success as much as me, Now don’t misunderstand me I’m not saying he will be a success, could be a nightmare. But what’s the benefits of booing on day 1, if he ain’t a success he will be gone like the others before him. If we are crap through the season then boos will come.
So you wont be at Wembley if we are somehow in a final? And god hoping we win something won’t you be going to the parade tour?

I agree I certainly won’t boo , clap him I really don’t think I can yet .

I also agree after a pandemic and with a new manager the place should be rocking and that it might not /probably won’t be is down to the identify of the appointment plain and simple.
I agree with you the majority of the fans didn’t want him, I didn’t. But I want us to be a success now if he can deliver that then he will have my thanks for life that simple for me. Other fans can still hate him and all that, it’s there right. I just want this club to be where we all want it to be so far that reason I will back him as I would anyone new manager, as I don’t see any benefit to the team and club booing him day 1. My opinion only though.

So my dad been going for 35 years and fully black. Went through the hard times of English football with racism even suffered it from supporters of this club, and me personally witnessing the abuse. Is my dad not a life long going home and away evertonian, as he not got integrity because he will be there day 1 and support his team and back him, even though he didn’t want him as did I, but he wants us to be a success as much as me, Now don’t misunderstand me I’m not saying he will be a success, could be a nightmare. But what’s the benefits of booing on day 1, if he ain’t a success he will be gone like the others before him. If we are crap through the season then boos will come.
So you wont be at Wembley if we are somehow in a final? And god hoping we win something won’t you be going to the parade tour?
But don’t Those that choose not to go though have every right no have their own journey , everyone deals with things in their own way. People like you and your dad shouldn’t be criticised because there is no right answer , I know it’s a stupid cringy comparison but it’s like Grief there is no right way to cope .

If we do well and they want you come back then great wouldn’t you be made up for them ? Because well it means Everton are winning and your policy has been completely vindicated . They certainly shouldn’t face any criticism in my opinion .

I agree with you the majority of the fans didn’t want him, I didn’t. But I want us to be a success now if he can deliver that then he will have my thanks for life that simple for me. Other fans can still hate him and all that, it’s there right. I just want this club to be where we all want it to be so far that reason I will back him as I would anyone new manager, as I don’t see any benefit to the team and club booing him day 1. My opinion only though.

you posted this whilst I was replying to you , we aren’t a million miles apart mate .

But don’t Those that choose not to go though have every right no have their own journey , everyone deals with things in their own way. People like you and your dad shouldn’t be criticised because there is no right answer , I know it’s a stupid cringy comparison but it’s like Grief there is no right way to cope .

If we do well and they want you come back then great wouldn’t you be made up for them ? Because well it means Everton are winning and your policy has been completely vindicated . They certainly shouldn’t face any criticism in my opinion .
I agree with you and using the word idiot probably shouldn’t off. Everyone can do what they want it’s there right. I personally just feel booing before we kick a ball doesn’t help the team, the club and our fan base. The 1 thing we can definitely agree on though is we want our club to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.