Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god Newcastle were a disgrace to watch against the bigger clubs. I remember them passing the ball to Man City from kick off so they could get straight into their boring defensive shape.

That’s not how Everton should be playing football.
I am not saying Everton should play that way - I'm just suggesting that Rafael has proven an ability to do what it takes to win.

We have to admit to ourselves that we don't have a squad to compete with the traditional Top 6 on most matchdays. That doesn't mean we can't beat them.

Do what it takes vs. the bigger clubs, play free-flowing offensive football vs. the lesser teams. Find a way to get to the Europa league.

I wouldn't say they are "limited," but maybe his abilities have turned more defensive than offensive at this stage.

Some of the strategies he put together at Newcastle were very impressive - especially against bigger clubs.
Us blues notoriously love a solid defensive strategy against the big clubs dont we ? A RS manager and Big Sam tactics , the ground will be positively rocking

I don't believe anyone knows what the fans will do. There are posters like you that think he'll get a nice round of applause and others that are sure he will be booed from the rafters. All I would point out is that 10% of the crowd booing would sound like a lot more, both in the ground and on TV.
We will see.

What do you think he's been doing since he got home in January?

He has said he extensively follows the Premier League, Championship, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1. To the pint that he has 3 or more screens with different matches in at any point. His coaches do the same.
Like Elvis watching the news.

I am not saying Everton should play that way - I'm just suggesting that Rafael has proven an ability to do what it takes to win.

We have to admit to ourselves that we don't have a squad to compete with the traditional Top 6 on most matchdays. That doesn't mean we can't beat them.

Do what it takes vs. the bigger clubs, play free-flowing offensive football vs. the lesser teams. Find a way to get to the Europa league.
Serious point and I’m not being sarcastic , how much free flowing or examples of this does he have in his recent history ?

We could just pick a crypto currency to support instead of the mighty blues.

We cheer as the value goes up and cry when it drops like a lead balloon.

PissCoin?

And we can digitally launch at the Kopite in the dugout if we've got a token

This audit that people are going on about, does it suggest that Benitez was in the running for the job way before people thought he was. A couple of weeks to audit an entire squad pretty impressive, unless of course he’s just gone crap,crap,crap ok, decent, crap, crap. And so on and so on.

Err don't think he said "decent" mate I think he must have just sneezed .

This audit that people are going on about, does it suggest that Benitez was in the running for the job way before people thought he was. A couple of weeks to audit an entire squad pretty impressive, unless of course he’s just gone crap,crap,crap ok, decent, crap, crap. And so on and so on.
We've got a 'decent' and an 'ok'? Are they new signings?

So I won’t boo him obviously but let’s not kid ourselves he won’t get a standing ovation will he ? People could easily shout something , if people there aren’t happy then personally I think they have every right to be disenchanted. Will it help us going forward, absolutely not if there is a negative reaction to this appointment it’s on the owners not the fans .

If you do something despite knowing what the response will be be don't moan when that response occurs .
Ovation, fireworks no. But why boo just don’t say nothing if you don’t want him. Don’t get me wrong everyone can do what they want, they pay the same as me to go. But day 1, especially after what we have gone through nearly 2 seasons. The old lady should be rocking and trying to get the season off in a positive way. If we are successful under him let’s just say and we all should want that no?? As we have done nothing for 30 years do the fans that boo, or protest or leave banners outside the ground jump back on the train and go yeah let’s go everton.

I’m not a rafafarian whatever that means. But if you boo does that help the team?NO it’s pathetic to boo day 1 welcome back lads. If you don’t like don’t go, these people who say not going and all this crap hear it all the time. They will be there day 1, and if we are successful because that’s what I want because I’m a blue regardless of who is the manager, They will also jump on the band wagon.
So now life-long Evertonians shouldn't go to Goodison if they have some integrity and are rightfully pissed off that the burst Spanish knacker is Manager?
Who decides if your clapping is happy enough to deserve to watch the game??

Surely its right not to jump on the Bandwagon of a runaway red wreck?

Sorry but I'm going to called him Rafael on here as it's easier for me to type

52ABDB26-457B-4749-92AA-D7E478C3CD3E.jpeg

I now can’t stop thinking of this fella now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.