Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing is certain.... with a little over 6 weeks until the first game of the season, one way that Benitez/Brands/Moshiri can unite the fans and increase the backing from day 1 of the season is a strong and clear transfer strategy.

God help any of the above if it turns out to be the same kind of summer we are used to, and then any kind of slow start (less than 12 points out of that first 6 games) then Goodison will not be a good place to be!

Do I like Benitez..... no. Am I happy he is EFC manager.... clearly not. Do I think he will be successful at Everton.... no.

Anyhow, I am as fickle as any football fan and if we do whatever is possible to continue getting rid of the deadwood in the squad (at least 50% of it) and bring in some quality signings which have the resemblance that we have a strategy in the transfer market, then this current disappointed and disheartened blue could start to come around before the Southampton game.

However my expectations are not that high....

I think one thing is certain.... with a little over 6 weeks until the first game of the season, one way that Benitez/Brands/Moshiri can unite the fans and increase the backing from day 1 of the season is a strong and clear transfer strategy.

God help any of the above if it turns out to be the same kind of summer we are used to, and then any kind of slow start (less than 12 points out of that first 6 games) then Goodison will not be a good place to be!

Do I like Benitez..... no. Am I happy he is EFC manager.... clearly not. Do I think he will be successful at Everton.... no.

Anyhow, I am as fickle as any football fan and if we do whatever is possible to continue getting rid of the deadwood in the squad (at least 50% of it) and bring in some quality signings which have the resemblance that we have a strategy in the transfer market, then this current disappointed and disheartened blue could start to come around before the Southampton game.

However my expectations are not that high....

Serious transfers, in and out, would reassure a lot of people.

I have slept on this now and while I am not happy or unhappy but resolved to just take it as it pans out. Me, I just want our club to get back to winningways no matter how.

The real rat in this is Ancelloti stabbing us in the back. Methinks he knew Zidane was on his way months before and was just biding his time to jump ship and reteurn to Madrid.
You’re probably not far off here judging by the way our form fell off a cliff after New Year

Hating this already, SKY Sports doing a piece on his appointment was just Benitez at Liverpool, nobody else exists certainly not us who is employing him now.

"Ex Liverpool" boss across every media outlet, thats what they are referring to him as. Not new Everton manager! My fear is this wont die down or go away.

I`m seeing stories today saying Moshiri turned Moyes down because of fans then appoints Benitez..... WTF, if we had a straight choice of DM or RB I`d take Moyes any day.

Did I want Benitez? No
Will I support Everton with him in charge? Yes
Do I want him sacked already? No, purely because this will be too expensive for the club and harm transfers etc...
Can he win me round? Not sure just yet, that is probably because I cant see him being successful BUT if we are top 7 all season and get Europe then perhaps.

Like all Evertonians I guess, just gotta see what happens, we gotta face the fact that this is Moshiri`s train set now!!!
Don't watch Sky.... Dead easy.

The majority of the match going fans will welcome him when we play our opener
against Southampton.
I don't believe anyone knows what the fans will do. There are posters like you that think he'll get a nice round of applause and others that are sure he will be booed from the rafters. All I would point out is that 10% of the crowd booing would sound like a lot more, both in the ground and on TV.

Certainly there appears to have been a stark absence of any notable applicants.
Perhaps the PL is losing its attraction?
Or perhaps the fact that at least two of the clubs are perpetual train wrecks with a large proportion of overentitled supporters to deal with discouraged many from applying.
We are in a weird position manager wise.

If you come to us you get your reputation tarnished terribly before somehow ending up in a massive job elsewhere.

It's deffo a job for the gamblers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.