Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hating this already, SKY Sports doing a piece on his appointment was just Benitez at Liverpool, nobody else exists certainly not us who is employing him now.

"Ex Liverpool" boss across every media outlet, thats what they are referring to him as. Not new Everton manager! My fear is this wont die down or go away.

I`m seeing stories today saying Moshiri turned Moyes down because of fans then appoints Benitez..... WTF, if we had a straight choice of DM or RB I`d take Moyes any day.

Did I want Benitez? No
Will I support Everton with him in charge? Yes
Do I want him sacked already? No, purely because this will be too expensive for the club and harm transfers etc...
Can he win me round? Not sure just yet, that is probably because I cant see him being successful BUT if we are top 7 all season and get Europe then perhaps.

Like all Evertonians I guess, just gotta see what happens, we gotta face the fact that this is Moshiri`s train set now!!!

The only idiots are those who concoct confected super Blue anti RS emotions out of a distant comment made years ago. Their negativity is pathetic. The 2021 manager is Benitez, it might have been someone else, whoever. He gets our unqualified support. Well done Moshiri. His latest statement is revealing regarding the upheaval and the dilemma caused by Ancelotti jumping ship. Let us hope this time Moshiri and ourselves are not let down by results over the next 2 or more years.
Following the negativity of the later Ancelotti period I am now full of hope for the start of the Benitez regime. All Evertonians hope for success for our club.
The "distant comments" are nothing to do with it.
His downward trajectory as manager over the last decade with each job ending in him trying to pit the fans against the board with excuse after excuse for his inept management isn't however.

He was the worst of a not great bunch of choices. I suspect the only reason he got the job is that he agreed to not bring a team of coaches with him to keep the costs down, and he only agreed to that because he doesn't give a toss about doing well. He can sit there laughing at us on £7M a year and get paid off regardless of performance.

Everton deserves better, we deserve better.

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum out of the window.
We are no longer the People's Club if the Club doesn't give a rat's arse about the fans.

Alan Smith on SSN saying win 1st
Genuine question Southampton game how do you manage introducing him to the crowd ? I don’t think you do do you because surely you don’t want any adverse reaction so what do we do ? The fact that it’s even a discussion surely shows what a crazy choice this was .
Walking out with moshri?
Did he get introduced at Chelsea?
Reports say he was booed and a few nasty chants.
I honestly believe he'll walk out to his dugout and quickly clap the four sides.

Out of interest, as one of our overseas fans, how do you feel about Benítez?
Resigned to it at this point. The red part isn't such a big deal (although hated him at RS), but his style is boring.
Surprised the owner would risk alienating fans - I think he believes the new stadium has bought him more good will than it has.
Then again...maybe he just doesn't care.

If he has to be our manager - then I can hope he is chosen, becomes massively Evertonian (and then of course wins us trophies, etc)
I could enjoy the RS fume if he truly Ferguson level converted.

Have created an alternate reality in my head, that i dont acknowledge we have a manager and separate who you all think is the manager from the team.

If that manager could stand in a big cardboard box in his technical area so i dont have to see him to intrude on my alternate reality that would be appreciated to.

His downward trajectory as manager over the last decade with each job ending in him trying to pit the fans against the board with excuse after excuse for his inept management isn't however.

He was the worst of a not great bunch of choices. I suspect the only reason he got the job is that he agreed to not bring a team of coaches with him to keep the costs down, and he only agreed to that because he doesn't give a toss about doing well. He can sit there laughing at us on £7M a year and get paid off regardless of performance.

We are no longer the People's Club if the Club doesn't give a rat's arse about the fans.

no mate it’s all about that comment , what kind of blue are you ? Who did you want Eddie Howe ? Sort yourself out get cheering and necking the kool aid

Hating this already, SKY Sports doing a piece on his appointment was just Benitez at Liverpool, nobody else exists certainly not us who is employing him now.

"Ex Liverpool" boss across every media outlet, thats what they are referring to him as. Not new Everton manager! My fear is this wont die down or go away.

I`m seeing stories today saying Moshiri turned Moyes down because of fans then appoints Benitez..... WTF, if we had a straight choice of DM or RB I`d take Moyes any day.

Did I want Benitez? No
Do I want him sacked already? No, purely because this will be too expensive for the club and harm transfers etc...
Can he win me round? Not sure just yet, that is probably because I cant see him being successful BUT if we are top 7 all season and get Europe then perhaps.

Like all Evertonians I guess, just gotta see what happens, we gotta face the fact that this is Moshiri`s train set now!!!
I think he said he turned down Moyes before he appointed Ancelotti because the fans made their feelings known. Don’t think Moyes was an option this time around as he didn’t want to leave the Hammers.

nail on head. add to that its only up the road for him to the club.

Resigned to it at this point. The red part isn't such a big deal (although hated him at RS), but his style is boring.
Surprised the owner would risk alienating fans - I think he believes the new stadium has bought him more good will than it has.
Then again...maybe he just doesn't care.

If he has to be our manager - then I can hope he is chosen, becomes massively Evertonian (and then of course wins us trophies, etc)
I could enjoy the RS fume if he truly Ferguson level converted.
That's the one. I don't even mind that he doesn't care. What I do mind is that he is continually sticking his nose into football decisions.

Had benitez been a Brands recommendation and moshiri backed him, knowing the fans were unhappy, I would accept as strong ownership. But it isn't. It seems clear that moshiri was the only one who wanted him.

The only idiots are those who concoct confected super Blue anti RS emotions out of a distant comment made years ago. Their negativity is pathetic. The 2021 manager is Benitez, it might have been someone else, whoever. He gets our unqualified support. Well done Moshiri. His latest statement is revealing regarding the upheaval and the dilemma caused by Ancelotti jumping ship. Let us hope this time Moshiri and ourselves are not let down by results over the next 2 or more years.
Following the negativity of the later Ancelotti period I am now full of hope for the start of the Benitez regime. All Evertonians hope for success for our club.
#heads off to to vault

Did I want Benitez? No

This post started so well...........

Status
Not open for further replies.