Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bigger personal concern is how apathetic I've become about Everton FC. :coffee: Benitez manager ? Sell DCL / Richy / James ? Bramley Moore ? New signings ? Extention for Siggy / Niasse 2.0 ? ...... I really don't seem to care anymore ! I'm not excited or invested in it anymore. Maybe some signings and the start of a new season will reignite my passion but at this point, the club and the way its been run is not worthy of my time or investment. Enjoy your summer, Blues ..... hoping for improvement but this IS Everton ....
Wait'll the first derby comes around.

I don’t get appointing new managers but keeping all them blerts like Ferguson and unsworth who add nothing to the club. Just fold Everton and have it done with.
Exactly they spout hollow platitudes about ambition but do nothing about altering the culture that has ensured our status as perennial losers

59 points, a win away in the Derby and our best away record in years.

That's the bar. Let's see if he gets there.
No chance of this with fans back. He should top Carlo's home record with ease though for the same reason. Away Derby win less likely too with fans. 59 points though, I'll happily judge him by that bar

No no, 59 points, a win away in the Derby and our best away record in years. That is improving on Ancelloti's output. Finishing 8th or 9th is worthless.
No, If he finishes higher in the league than Ancelotti then he's done a better job.

We could hire Tony Pulis and the best case would be he'd give us some success but is it really worth holding out for? Same thing here.
Who knows mate. Who saw Claudio Ranieri winning the league with Leicester? Somewhere out there is a manager who will bring us success again. It could be Tony Pullis, it could be Mark Hughes, it could be Duncan Ferguson. You just don't know. Nothing is a guarantee of success and nothing is a guarantee of failure. The wheels are in motion already now. Enjoy the ride. If it is a crap ride, you can get off at any time..

If its been said before i apologise. I think for sure there's going to be decent money spent on players in this window. Mainly to deflect this appointment. And also think these have been decided on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.