Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will probably be less of a cosy atmosphere at FF anyway, which is no bad thing.

I was surprised to read Benitez is as hands-on and as hard-working as suggested, but great if so.

There simply has to be consequences for players continually phoning it in at this club.

Drop them, sell them, fire them from a rocket, whatever.

He still needs to be supported in the market obviously, and the flow of players from the U23s has to start again.

But if he can be the one to address the elephant in the room with some of the known suspects, then I'll applaud him.

Why are we always so 'glass half empty' as a club? Always look at the absolute negative side of everything. The best that can happen is that Rafael can bring us some success and the fact that he brought it would annoy the RS even more than any other manager we could hire. Happy days! The worst? I fully believe Moshiri would act before any relegation trouble and pretty much all managers get sacked eventually anyway. We have had ZERO success as a club for 26 years. Think about that. Nothing for quarter of a century.

We have made the appointment now, so do we:

A: Get fully behind the man and give him and our wonderful club the best possible chance for success

Or

B: Mope and moan from day one, making his task impossible and just wait for the inevitable "I told you so" moment when the weight of swimming against the tide from day 1 eventually sinks him? All the while, we edge ever closer to a third of a century with nowt to show for it....

We are all better than that...

No one said being an Evertonian was easy. Remember, you didn't choose, you were chosen.

COYB!
We could hire Tony Pulis and the best case would be he'd give us some success but is it really worth holding out for? Same thing here.

In his interview on the Clubs Youtube/OS he speaks very, very well to be fair to him.

Pleads to the fans for their support and says forget about his past with Liverpool, look at the Clubs he's managed and see that he's fought for them whilst he has been there, and that he'll do exactly the same for us here too.

I didnt want him, nor do i think he's the right choice. But the more you think about the squad, the more you realise its properly average and a progressive coach wouldnt be able to do anything with it without a huge rebuild, something we cant do at this time - so maybe Rafael is the right man to get some stability and get some performances out of this lot?

He'll get more out of them than Ancelotti did.
59 points, a win away in the Derby and our best away record in years.

That's the bar. Let's see if he gets there.

Guy wants to be here and work his bollox off and you have fans on his back

Carlo treated the club like a holiday camp until Perez came calling and the same lids were offering their first born to him.

Have a word bhoys and get behind the lads

WHATS OUR NAME???
I'm amazed that last sentence hasn't collapsed the server under the weight of its own irony.

Love how the gullible amongst us think this will happen. He's literally just been photo'd confirming he's kept all the coaching staff failures.

He wouldn’t have got the job if didn’t agree to keep them.

Sentimenty wreaks havoc within this club.

The reason I was open to Nuno getting the job as he wanted a complete change of staff from U23s upwards which is what I think is needed.

My bigger personal concern is how apathetic I've become about Everton FC. :coffee: Benitez manager ? Sell DCL / Richy / James ? Bramley Moore ? New signings ? Extention for Siggy / Niasse 2.0 ? ...... I really don't seem to care anymore ! I'm not excited or invested in it anymore. Maybe some signings and the start of a new season will reignite my passion but at this point, the club and the way its been run is not worthy of my time or investment. Enjoy your summer, Blues ..... hoping for improvement but this IS Everton ....

Moshiri’s strategy so far appears to find a manager we don’t like and buy him a house after a year. I believe a hopeful Pardew has already cleared his 2022 diary…..

On the face of it, this is a dark day for the club. But this is only b/c of the association with the RS. Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred someone else, but I also suspect a lot of fans would be happy if B-Rod got the job. Being pragmatic about it...he does have the credentials, he shouldn't buckle under pressure, and hopefully he'll give a lot of players a kick up the A. And maybe he'll be incentivized to work extra hard b/c he likes going to home every night rather than to a hotel. He might even have a bit of an Ancelotti effect in convincing players to come to us. Now it's happened, we should just get on with it. What matters is what happens on the pitch.

Or this could end up being a huge mistake

59 points, a win away in the Derby and our best away record in years.

That's the bar. Let's see if he gets there.

If he bags more than 2/3 home wins its already a decent improvement.

Wont be hard to improve on the quality of football on show either. Theres no chance either by the way that Everton are bagging 11 away wins next Season, even if Ancelotti was here we wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.