New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
to get a relegated team to midtable without spending any money is hugely impressive. Look how much villa spent to do the same thing
But he did spend money. Just because they sold a couple of players for big amounts, doesn't mean he didn't spend anything.

No, it's a fact. Take out the "a group of unlikable players", what about that is NOT a fact?
What is it you don't understand about the difference of fact and opinion, you not liking the unlikable players is your opinion, I on the other hand might like them players (I don't by the way) but that is my opinion.

Screenshot_20210630-134704_Firefox.jpg

Think he's listening to what Kenwright et al are saying to him?

Probably not but in all honesty would you listen to Kenwright & Brands?

One nearly had us in financial oblivion and the other has wasted over £260 million in 3 years on largely average run of the mill players.

You've got to choose your battles. If someone has a different life philosophy to me, that's fine. I'm not going to try to change it in a few paragraphs.
I wasn't having a go, just saying that's football isn't it. Getting hung up on 'meaningless words' is no better or worse than getting hung up on whether someone kicks the ball into the net or not. The whole concept is mad if you look at it rationally, but being a football fan isn't really about being rational, that's kind of the point.

For anyone working in elite sport his condition is a disgrace , even more so when he his is working , sorry in charge of , the Academy.

How on earth can he advise re fitness and nutrition and be taken seriously.

The same goes for Benitez.
Because he made it as a top flight pro and might just know what it takes despite putting his feet up in playing retirement. Steve Bruce another won the lot at Utd, but he's put a bit of beef on now and so must have forgot everything.

Daft that his weight has anything to do with it. He should say, if you lot are as successful as me and play top flight, you too can eat wtf you like when you finish lol

What is it you don't understand about the difference of fact and opinion, you not liking the unlikable players is your opinion, I on the other hand might like them players (I don't by the way) but that is my opinion.
Once again, that's not what I just said. I said "take out the 'the players are unlikable, what about what I said was not a fact?". Because I said they shirked responsibility on the pitch and bottled it at every single opportunity for years. Don't act as if you can't understand what I'm saying.

But he did spend money. Just because they sold a couple of players for big amounts, doesn't mean he didn't spend anything.
the facts are he took over a dreadful side, and then at season end further weakened it by selling players from the squad, which he then replaced with other players from the money generated. He was given no new money to spend.

I would be very surprised and disappointed if he didn't make an effort with fans.

It's in his interest to do so. It doesn't mean that he must, but from every angle it's the right thing to do.

I get he seems to have an ego and a cold persona, and that can actually work in some instances. I don't believe managers should be matey with players. But with fans, you get them onside, or at least try to. In a broad sense that is.

If he makes the effort, it's worth acknowledging. Similarly if he does not.
I'd imagine he'd be in 'firefighter' mode from the off, similar to how he was at Chelsea. Basically made out that it wasn't about him and that it was about getting behind the team/club first and foremost.

My Toon mate reckons he will be brilliant for EFC. Although I understand the animosity is more about his RS connections and comments about you rather than his ability.

We get it, you think he's great and everything pointing against it is "fake news". I assume China was a great success as well? I don't think he'll be a success, we'll find out soon enough. No doubt if he fails it'll be the fans fault in your eyes.
I do think he's an excellent manager, and I don't want the whole chance we have to improve to be spoilt on day one cos of what happened 20 years ago

Big Tony Bellew says we should get behind Benitez if he's appointed. I'm not going to argue with him! If we play better football than we have since the days of the marauding Baines, Pienaar & Co then I'll except him as our manager. Seeing Fat Sam in the dug-out was a bigger crime for me.
How about Amanda Holden, Sly Stallone or that WWE wrestler who claims to support us have we checked their views on the matter to help us make up our minds? He's just another fan, you might as well quote @ForeverBlue92 or @Papa Shango 's views about it.

There are very very few managers who have won as much as Benitez in his career.
If this appointment were ten years ago it would have been a major coup...ignoring the Liverpool connection.

The question is can he repeat anything close to that or is he a spent force.
It isn't 10 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.