New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to find the clip on YouTube, but he talked about his affinity with the city on MNF last year and went out of his way to include Evertonians as a key part of what makes the city so great.
See he could live any place in the world, but he chooses this region, he also wants the Everton job, that counts for a lot, he wants to be Evertons manager.
If he fails it wont be for the lack of trying, when did a manager last do that.

We've just committed to pay the big fat sweaty Kopite rat £30m over the next three years. That's completely bonkers.
source?

Articles the other day suggested the contract was heavily performance based.
Be shocked if we're paying him that much given he was only on £6-7m at Newcastle and there's no way we'd be paying him what he got in China.

They didn't need managers/wanted someone at higher profile. Simple really.

"Some other loser out of a job". We could, I know it's controversial, try to get an employed manager doing well at another club.

We could but we haven't so move on!

No club is letting us talk to their manager with pre season around the corner - that opportunity was weeks ago and we cant afford to get embroiled in another tapping up affair after the Watford case.

But what if he adds his own players and that fortune changes? What if he addresses the issues we had last season, ie. no right side whatsoever and brings in a ball carrying midfielder we’ve been crying out for? That will already be an improvement on last season wouldn’t it?

I don’t know, I’m just trying to think of positives as opposed to the doom and gloom mentality - which I understand.
What if. You're working in hypotheticals. Here is a fact: Steve Bruce has managed Newcastle better than him and Benetiz jumped to China for a payday where he was crap there too.

But sure, let's be positive about a manager who plays crap football and is an odious tit of a human as well.

Struggling to find the clip on YouTube, but he talked about his affinity with the city on MNF last year and went out of his way to include Evertonians as a key part of what makes the city so great.

He'll have done a lot of charity work with Evertonians over the years and will live amongst them.

I actually think he'll "get" this club far more than people realise and likely more than any manager since Moyes.

Sadly wont be enough for those who live their lives holding onto petty grudges forever.

Have seen the clip that you refer to. He also gives a lucid and plausible explanation of the 'small club' comment. He admitted getting his words wrong meaning we were a small team (squad) which was and still is correct.

.not confusing them at all just looking at the answer you have given as being ,,"because I'm a Blue" and failing to understand how you cannot see the very obvious inference in both sentiments being relative to the vitriol which is being displayed by you and other posters here
No. You're creating a false equivalent to suit your needs.

Let me be clear. I think it's okay to "hate" my rival team and everything about them. Especially when their former manager was derogatory towards us on a near continu basis for 6 years. I don't want to actually physically hurt then or anything like that but I despise them and everything they stand for. His "small club" comment was part of that as was our reference to us being "the people's club" (even though we are.

That's all banter. Healthy rivalry.

I would expect the RS fans to be disgusted if Moyes was appointed there. And rightfully so. And in that instance I'd expect Moyes to get the same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.