New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably been waiting for exodus of managers from the euros both parties that is. All this chat about benny is wonderful soon have head turned if one of the big nations come sniffing...

He’s at Finch Farm mate...

Then again wasn’t Manny Fernandes at a game once having agreed a deal in principle and then watched us get hammered by Blackburn Rovers so took the next flight off to Valencia? lol

I hate the RS with a passion that frankly scares even me on occasion but I’d have a whole back room staff of them if it meant were went back to winning stuff . I just want to be able to see my club at the top where I , perhaps foolishly , believe it truly belongs .

Benitez is here now so onwards and upwards I suppose .

Can't understand how you can openly say that "the people's club" is derogatory to Liverpool fans and then assume upset because Benitez labelled us a "small team"
Because there’s a well established and well understood difference between punching up and punching down. Liverpool fans did not need any further sticks to beat Everton with, Benitez’s comments were unnecessary because they were telling a group of people with an inferiority complex that that they were inferior. Moyes’ comments were a small win for a beleaguered fan base, a bit of fingers up to the establishment, giving the people who are the butt of all the jokes something to come back with. The difference is obvious. It’s also worth pointing out that very few people have an issue with the comment itself, nobody’s saying he should never get a job because he was so out of order, just that he shouldn’t get this job, because we were the butt of his joke. Until you lot try to appoint Moyes the comparison is pretty pointless.

The one thing I will say about Benitez is that he doesn't traditionally 'start strong' at a new club. Seems to take him at least 6-12 months to start putting his stamp on a team. My fear is that he can't really afford to do that here...

I'm expecting this year now to be that toxic, on here and Twitter that I'm contemplating just switching off from football for a bit,

Did I want Rafael? Not really but he's going to be the manager, get on with it and just support the club

People holding on to stuff 15 years ago

Already good as down when he took them over. Won the Championship the following season and successfully kept them in the Prem the season after that with little drama. I'd say overall that was a net positive return tbh.

Fair do’s.

Newcastle are on a bigger mess scale than we are and think anyone managing them should be given a bit more leniency I suppose.

It’s a funny old world the managerial business, many would say Ronald Koeman failed massively at Everton and should be judged on his career here but somehow he’s now managing one of the biggest clubs in world football lol

….whether the ‘small club jibe’ is accurate is a matter of opinion. You think we’re a small club, I think we’re a very big football club. I’m not sure if there’s a definition somewhere, I think it’s a matter of opinion.

Regardless, it was not for an opposing manager to make such a remark. He did it to publicly belittle us & conjure favour with the Cult. It went down well with them. I have no doubt his reasoning.
That's what managers do. It wasn't a personal attack because he hated Everton, it was a remark to deflect attention away from him, his team and his players. Mourinho does that all the time. I think we need to get over the"small club" jibe and focus on whether he's doing a decent job or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.