New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was his defensive negative play that cost him the title with Liverpool. He arguably had the best team but massively blew it and handed the title to United.

I don’t know if you know but He's played differently at every club he's been at.

He has coaches all around the world which give him feedback and they talk about new coaching methods and styles.

The use of "the people's club,,", by your description is as derogatory to fans who support Liverpool football club as Benitez comment was to us. Pot calling kettle springs to mind

Are you for real?

Of course the people's club comment was derogatory to RS fans. I never said otherwise. It's also entirely accurate. And I'd expect the same attitude from RS fans if Moyes became their manager. As would be right. He insulted them so should be toxic. As is Benitez to us.

How is it a different brand. Faffing around at the back, passing backwards at every opportunity, creating sod all chances in a game. Barca did their tippy tippy and the RS would boot it forward. the emphasis between defend and attack has changed over the years but other than that what has changed ?......I do however agree with you regarding an up and coming manager.....
The successful teams all play a high press, high intensity game. No one playing counter attacking football has won the league in recent history. Beneathus couldn’t even manage it and he had Torres, Gerrard and Alonso in his team!

Question I have is : Is he he best manager we can get?

If the answer is yes then him being a previous RS manager loses importance. If no. .then what are we doing hiring him in the first place?

Agreed.

I mean, a Bob Paisley or a Klopp or a late 80s era Dalglish would at least bring the prospect of progressive or high energy football on the pitch.

My recollection of Rafael is dour, functional football of the type Ancellotti, Sam and even Moyes served up.

No thanks.

I have had enough of that crap.

So my objection is not so much that he is an RS legend or that he once called us a “small club”.

It is the fact his approach to the game is not what I want to see on the Goodison turf.

The successful teams all play a high press, high intensity game. No one playing counter attacking football has won the league in recent history. Beneathus couldn’t even manage it and he had Torres, Gerrard and Alonso in his team!

exactly , the small club stuff doesn’t bother me particularly but if we’re getting a RS and risking alienating half the fanbase let’s get one that we can get behind and whose style of football is semi effective in the modern game .

Are you for real?

Of course the people's club comment was derogatory to RS fans. I never said otherwise. It's also entirely accurate. And I'd expect the same attitude from RS fans if Moyes became their manager. As would be right. He insulted them so should be toxic. As is Benitez to us.
Can't understand how you can openly say that "the people's club" is derogatory to Liverpool fans and then assume upset because Benitez labelled us a "small team"

Imagine if Benitez comes in and instantly turfs Unsworth, Ferguson and Baines.

And of course paradoxically this would do him a huge favour getting rid of the three. It feels counter-intuitive - instantly sacking three Evertonians - but if he maintains the status quo while also being a fat Kopite washed-up rat, it just confirms he's here for another payday

If all three survive I dread to think where this season is going and what it means for the club.

Leicester?

'The manager of a football club is the rallying point for the followers of that club, you should believe in them and feel that they're one of you. You should want to go into battle with them, be proud of them, feel that they have your best interests at heart.'

Isn't that exactly what Benitez did when he called us a small club? Wasn't he just bring at one with the kopites in their 'battle' over us? Managers move from club to club, and with a small number of exceptions take on the battle and the war cry for each club they manage.

You're assuming that Benitez is a life long RS now, when it was most likely just another stepping stone in his managerial journey. There's no reason why he can't have the same attitude and war-cry as our manager as he did for that lot.

Let's hope he actually does.
I mean he clearly sees them as more than just a former employer, you’d have to be very disingenuous or very stupid not to notice that. The bloke literally cried at them singing when he was managing another club for God’s sake.

Even if it was just an act, it doesn’t undo the damage. He insulted this club, and whether he was playing to the gallery or not, it should have meant that he could never fulfil the same role here because he’d burnt his bridges. All you need to do is look at the carnage this has caused to see the truth of that, you standing as some sort of bastion of reason doesn’t change the fact that a large proportion of the fan base is angry about this appointment.

People expecting him to change alll kinds are in for a shock, Dunc will still be assistant

I like Dunc but if he really has aspirations to manage us one day then now is absolutely the time for him to leave and cut his teeth in the lower leagues. It's getting a bit silly forcing him on everyone as an assistant. He'd be much better off learning how to be the man in charge elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.