New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right that's sorted.. I didn't want him in but he's in now so he has my backing as he should have from every Everton fan after all he's Everton manager.. he'll go a long way in winning over the fans if he weeds out the wasters in the squad, the dogs on the street know who they are so realistically he doesn't need time to figure out who needs punting. Sign up a couple of young hungry fast spanish players for our midfield will be a good start.
I don't get the "small club" comment being used as an excuse not to have him in I mean in all honesty what have we done recently to suggest otherwise? I didn't want him because I don't think he's a good manager anymore but I'll give him time to prove me wrong.

He’s on the development side of things, which would be a good role to have if we ever brought young players through anymore

Believe he was helping Gordon big time when he went to Preston - came back for analysis, individual sessions - mind

By all accounts, he’s good at what he does, Baines

Ah fair enough. At least then he is genuinely contributing.

China aside, did anything he did at Newcastle make him suitable?

Can’t say I watched much of them under him to be honest so can’t really comment on that. On paper it doesn’t look like he did a good job but Newcastle are a bigger banter club than us with Mike Ashley and I don’t expect anyone to be hugely successful there, ever.

Lets have it right, he wasnt wrong with his "Small Club" jib was he? We're a nothing Club lads - we've achieved nothing in the last 26yrs but a single FA Cup. A few European Trips, couple of Semi Finals and a Final - thats certainly not a "Big Club". The sooner we accept it the better.

If anything, and this could be a positive - the fact he's joining a Club in which 99.9% of the fanbase dont want him will surely make him more motivated to give a crap about his job and want to succeed here to prove everyone wrong? Carlo walked in on a red carpet and was worshipped from day one and knew every day for 18 months that he could do no wrong.

If he bins Ferguson off then im behind him 100%.

….whether the ‘small club jibe’ is accurate is a matter of opinion. You think we’re a small club, I think we’re a very big football club. I’m not sure if there’s a definition somewhere, I think it’s a matter of opinion.

Regardless, it was not for an opposing manager to make such a remark. He did it to publicly belittle us & conjure favour with the Cult. It went down well with them. I have no doubt his reasoning.

I’m absolutely with you on the Ferguson appointment. The Kenwright regime has been much too romantic, i agree it would be a good move if he left the club.

Ah fair enough. At least then he is genuinely contributing.

Cahill is the weird one. Don’t know if he’s getting his badges or is just a hang around, but he’s always at FF

In more old boys club rumors, seen a few shouts of Weir coming back to join Benitez’s staff, with Cahill possibly too

Can’t say I watched much of them under him to be honest so can’t really comment on that. On paper it doesn’t look like he did a good job but Newcastle are a bigger banter club than us with Mike Ashley and I don’t expect anyone to be hugely successful there ever.

he won the championship

Bye then Everton

It's been an emotional 47 years loving you.
Today you took that love and stamped it into the ground. I have forgiven you many many times over the years for the crap you've put me through but I cant forgive you this. Dont know what im gonna fill the massive void in my life with but I know it wont be football.

Farewell and Godspeed
There is a good line-dancing club on Rocky Lane, very friendly.
It is good and there is no bullying like the one in Hunts Cross.

Probably been waiting for exodus of managers from the euros both parties that is. All this chat about benny is wonderful soon have head turned if one of the big nations come sniffing...

Can’t say I watched much of them under him to be honest so can’t really comment on that. On paper it doesn’t look like he did a good job but Newcastle are a bigger banter club than us with Mike Ashley and I don’t expect anyone to be hugely successful there, ever.
Already good as down when he took them over. Won the Championship the following season and successfully kept them in the Prem the season after that with little drama. I'd say overall that was a net positive return tbh.

I don’t believe a single person of this forum ‘wanted’ Benitez. Some of us, not many, could bite our tongues and ‘accept’ it. The vast majority were vociferous and ‘against’ it. No one ‘likes’ the idea of him coming in but it is going to happen anyway, so we may as well get behind him and the team and see what happens....but just remember, Carlo did this to us....

Status
Not open for further replies.