New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’ll be about 5 bedsheet lids outside.

I don’t expect any form of toxicity at the game or outside the ground unless things aren’t looking great for him on the pitch.

Despite the social media outrage fans at the ground are usually accepting and lenient when it comes to new arrivals at the club. The reaction both Rooney got in his return and Allardyce got on his first game in charge was that of a welcoming nature.
If we don’t beat Southampton I think it’ll be nasty , if we haven’t got a decent few point on the board by 90 mins after the Norwich game I honestly believe it’ll be toxic and you’ll see physical confrontations amongst the fans . To be clear I hope he wins every game .

Can’t quite believe this appointment if it happens. Is he the best they can find?
The game has moved on so much.

Truely astonishes me that he can come over from some terrible league in China and walk into one of the highest paid manager roles in the world.

I keep seeing things like this. If you mean that the players are fitter and better prepared and supported, then yes. If you are referring to a variety of rules and VAR, then yes...however, the goals are still the same size, only 11 players are still allowed on the pitch from each side and the object of the game is still to keep the ball out of your own net while trying to put it into the other net. So apart from gibberish like ‘false nines’, exactly how has the game moved on so much ? We all seem to understand the game well enough, so a man who is a year younger than Carlo and just 3 years older than Moyes and who has won a CL probably understands where the game has moved to.....

To me any apology for those small club comments would be more a barometer of how serious he is when it comes to trying to establish a good rapport with the fan base

He made them years ago and at the time I almost found them funny because I saw it for what it was, a manager angry that he couldn't do anything to lay a glove on a team who put on a solid away performance, so he decided to make a comment to try and regain control of the narrative

It's standard behaviour, not just for him but most managers

Fair do's

However, he's now managing Everton and he's already a divisive appointment, so he needs a show of good faith IMO

Just apologise and make it look genuine. Write a book in 15 years and walk it back if you want to keep attending games at Anfield whilst in retirement if you want to. For right now, just do the right thing and show that you actually care about doing this job the right way

If we don’t beat Southampton I think it’ll be nasty , if we haven’t got a decent few point on the board by 90 mins after the Norwich game I honestly believe it’ll be toxic and you’ll see physical confrontations amongst the fans . To be clear I hope he wins every game .

Possibly, it could go either way.

Who knows.....

To me any apology for those small club comments would be more a barometer of how serious he is when it comes to trying to establish a good rapport with the fan base

He made them years ago and at the time I almost found them funny because I saw it for what it was, a manager angry that he couldn't do anything to lay a glove on a team who put on a solid away performance, so he decided to make a comment to try and regain control of the narrative

It's standard behaviour, not just for him but most managers

Fair do's

However, he's now managing Everton and he's already a divisive appointment, so he needs a show of good faith IMO

Just apologise and make it look genuine. Write a book in 15 years and walk it back if you want to keep attending games at Anfield whilst in retirement if you want to. For right now, just do the right thing and show that you actually care about doing this job the right way
He cant do that. He's already stated he misspoke and he meant another thing.

I've never seen a reaction like this and Everton fans are not prone to these reactions. We tolerate basically anything, no matter how rubbish we are.
I'm on a few What's app groups with probably 100+ Everton fans who go the game mainly season ticket holders that are mates as well.
In work there's at least 30 season ticket holders and occasional fans who attend .
3 neighbours in my street have got season tickets.
My postman and his sons, the postman who covers for him when he's off all have season tickets.
A few dozen or so of the lads I drink with in various pubs who also attend all the away games like myself and are great pragmatic fellas, all season ticket holders.
The lads who I've became mates with because we sit near each other at Goodison and being blues you can't help just talking and becoming friends following this shower.
All my family who are blue and I'd guess there's probably 30 match going amongst them, at Wembley in 66 my mum, dad, granddad great uncles, a couple of my aunties and uncles bar one in the army and one on a ship attended.
My mum dad grandad and great uncles are well gone, but I'd echo the sentiment that not one person in the above list wants this appointment to happen, not one solitary soul has suggested it may be a great move. People just suggesting it's social media that are objecting to Rafael not the 'real fanbase' is utter bolloxs .
How is everyone you know being absolutely furious at this not a pointer to a how the wider fanbase feel.
This is a sorry and pathetic go f u to every single blue that sets foot in Goodison and right now I'd rather swerve Bramley Moore stay on county rd and have at least some of semblance of what being an blue is all about. This is just rich fools playing with our pride and heritage as a vanity project and a means to more riches...

Nil satis nisi optimum.... yeah, do one Moshiri and all you creepy lurkers that are paid by the club to infiltrate these boards and promote 'dear leaders' vision, it's Kafkaesque in here sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.