New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't, and that's the problem. There is no accountability.

If the responsibility for decisions on transfers and a new manager reside with him, then he should be the one making the announcements, regularly being available to the media, etc. The lack of accountability makes me think he's not been given the decision-making power a DoF should have.
The accountability is to the owner not the fans...... in the modern game wealthy owners regard fans as customers rather than stakeholders.

No, I didn't. I'm making the point that quite a few people have said we should get behind him because he has done a lot for charity. I don't care what he has done for charity. It doesn't automatically make you a good person.

You said you didn't like him as a man! You said that - the onus is on you to say why, and... your reasoning was to compare him to Jimmy Saville.

I mean... God, I wish I had my reaction to that post on video. Just... wow!

Just admit it, you're salty because he had the audacity to be a good manager for Liverpool and said meany weany things about Everton being a small club when we absolutely, positively were acting exactly like a small club.

So his crime is to be successful at his job and accurate in what he says. The monster.

I wonder if this disgraceful message and the reaction to it will actually expedite Benitez's appointment / annoucement.

Are we likely to see white smoke from Goodison today ?

would have thought tomorrow. You let this new-found support crystalise and then capitalise on it the next day.

You said you didn't like him as a man! You said that - the onus is on you to say why, and... your reasoning was to compare him to Jimmy Saville.

I mean... God, I wish I had my reaction to that post on video. Just... wow!

Just admit it, you're salty because he had the audacity to be a good manager for Liverpool and said meany weany things about Everton being a small club when we absolutely, positively were acting exactly like a small club.

So his crime is to be successful at his job and accurate in what he says. The monster.
Stop making stuff up. Why don't you grow up. Just pathetic! ;)

so the choice was Rafael Benitez or Eddie Howe , it’s binary yeah ?

The choice is Benitez or some bum like Howe or Potter thats the reality - if it wasn't a better club in Spurs wouldn't be scrambling around looking at Wolves reject managers.

Our fanbase has been embarassing this past week or so. Crying before a ball has even been kicked.

You would think we were appointing Danny Murphy or Phil Thompson the way some have carried on.

Never thought I'd see the day when blue would turn on blue so they could support a red, yet here we are. Sad sad day, unfortunately there is only one way this club goes now. Its the same for any club once the happy clapping, always support the club brigade get on top, they inevitably happy clap it into oblivion.

So what I think happens is that a very small group of serious influencers (e.g. journalists at major outlets) get it sent out to them at virtually the same time. It then log rolls from there extremely quickly.

It's Monday morning, people will be having a quick look online at about 830 before work kicks off, and bang - it's right in front of them. Maximum impact.

I'm not saying someone at the Club put the banner up, of course not. What I am saying is that someone with even the slightest PR nous would have seen it and flagged it far and wide asap with a simple narrative. See the similarities between the Maddock / O'Keefe tweets.
wouldn't surprise me if you're right, you can trust our "journalists" will use this to big him up in the coming weeks. Still feel for Benítez but it is quite sickening that they'll use anything to try and trick Evertonians

Hahaha that’s absolutely pathetic.

you don’t even know who has put the banner there, or if it is legit. But it’s enough to sway you to wanting Benitez in now on the back of it.

And I know i kind of outed you as being spineless, but no personal insults needed really was there?
When did you have to be a card carrying "member of the labour party till I die" to be an Everton fan?

The narrative that we shouldn't question the board's decision is utterly ludicrous to me.

Since when did this board and the Moshiri regime have a track record of making sound footballing decisions?

The recruitment of players, DOFs and managers since Martinez is so bad it's almost hard to believe.

Of course you can question the board. The fact we're in this position is down to their complete incompetence. They've spaffed millions up the wall, repeatedly.

But can I blame them for looking at the selection of managers available and simply choosing who they rationally believe is best for the job? No. That's what they should be doing. If they'd have hired Ferguson or Howe because "they're a bloo", that would be incompetence.

no different to banners at the ground demanding him out

the threats about where he lives are just nonsense and can be ignored.
If you honestly can't see the difference between a banner at the ground and one with a threatening message draped at his front gate, there's something wrong with you.

If you can, and are pretending you can't.... well, there's something wrong with you there too.

Are
It doesn't paint the club with anything unless you let it do so! We need to stop doing this!

It makes one knobhead who just happens to support Everton look like a knobhead.
Are you going to apply this same logic to Liverpool when one of their dickheads does something equally stupid? We need to own it.

As someone else alluded to, great swathes of the fan base including quite a few on here have fostered a hatred for the man which has shifted the boundaries of what some people think is acceptable behaviour.

It's the fans that lose, ultimately, at the end of the day.

None of it can do any good for the clubs image, and the perception of the staff, the players, the owner, and anyone associated with the club.

None of it is Benitez' fault either. I'm sure he understands all too well the very strong feelings his appointment here creates, but all he is doing is accepting an offer that's made to him for his services in a professional capacity. That's allowed.

I'm thinking now that things are starting to go beyond tenable towards him having any chance at all here, but that merely gives encouragement and justification to the imbecile responsible for the threat, and their like.

It's terrible to see whats going on, and the brooding, sinister nature of it.

I completely condemn that banner. It is awful and noone deserves any sort of threat, implied or otherwise, to be targeted at them or their family.

Despicable behaviour.

Saying that, I still don't want him at our club, but would never wish harm on him or his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.