Can We Succeed Next Season Without Breaking FFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain how much money Moshiri is generating outside of Everton.

In milliseconds?

Ok then why don't we appoint Diego Simeone?

Thats a loaded question and would mean a very open ended answer.

Im going with, his family doesnt live in the Wirral.

Agree on this, we have to stop the crazy spending to avoid long term damage, unless we start to bring in serious income.
I rather us only make a few basic adittions to the squad this summer, better then large out of control spending again and getting little return. I can see the club having the same opinion,could be why the only manager we can get looks like the cheapest easiest option.

Why would there be long term damage?

Why would there be long term damage?
Because there will come a time when the money runs out, or rather the pockets they are coming out of have had enough of wasting it. No buisness ever survived by spending money but getting nothing back

Please explain how much money Moshiri is generating outside of Everton.

I'd imagine it would be mainly through assets he owns accruing value, with probably some dividends sprinkled in on top.

There are orgs who try to estimate this, it's an inexact science but apparently hes up 200m recently and was up further previously too.

Whether that eases his concerns about Everton not being on track is up for question, though I would state he doesnt seem to be taking enormously stringent action with Everton does he mate?

Easy with the insults.....
Screw
Face
Apologies.
I hope this gif of my mate stroking my cock makes up for my nastiness...
tenor.gif

We are posting huge losses, in the last accounting period we posted losses of £134.8m.

That was against a turnover of £185m.

That is unsustainable.

A lot of this is down to Covid though isnt it? I mean pretty much every club is posting a loss and it will be much worse next season (when the accounts come out). Its why football is keen to return to normality.

My own view, is there needs to be a substantial reduction in costs for football across the board and Everton are very much a part of it. While losses will be converted into debt, and debt is not the worst problem in and of itself, the levels of debt clubs will have to take on are also not going to be ideal.

Because there will come a time when the money runs out, or rather the pockets they are coming out of have had enough of wasting it. No buisness ever survived by spending money but getting nothing back

Mistresses seem to do okay for themselves...we dont need to be Moshiri/Usmanov's core business.

As long as he spends money on us and elevates us to a higher level.

Agree on this, we have to stop the crazy spending to avoid long term damage, unless we start to bring in serious income.
I rather us only make a few basic adittions to the squad this summer, better then large out of control spending again and getting little return. I can see the club having the same opinion,could be why the only manager we can get looks like the cheapest easiest option.
It’s the fact that so many of our signings under moshiri have generated so little in resale value - look at the window where we signed Walcott and tosun - nearly £50m and one we let go for free and the other is a crock for whom we’re just counting down the days before his contract runs out - no football club can continue to be this wasteful.

Brands in conjunction with Benitez needs to sort that out - unless it’s a superstar then we can’t be splashing out big money on lads in their late 20’s - got to be a whole lot more savvy going forward

Its not "unsustainable".

If i own two businesses and generate profit of £150mil from one and £135mil loss in the other im up £15mil in profit for the year.

Moshiri is making far more money outside of Everton for an annual loss of £100-200mil to be concerning to him.

With a new stadium and top 4 side then the valuation of the club would be in the billions if he ever decided to sell.
You say that like a new expensive stadium guarentees top 4 status.

Barmy delusional thinking, just like lazy replies of " we have Usmanov", if so why do we keep taking out high interest loans against our biggest revenue stream of TV revenues every season. So far he bailed us out from reporting massive losses by giving us a 30 million pre naming rights influx of cash and the measly finch farm sponsorship, it's equates to finding 10 pence down the side of his sofa, for a rich benefactor in the background he's pretty stingy.

What gets consistent top four is good recruitment, top manager and a team that consistently wins games, a shiny new stadium does not improve on the pitch fortunes, if it did then Bayern wouldn't have won 13 of the last 16 titles in Germany when all those clubs there got new stadiums for the 2006 World Cup.

You say that like a new expensive stadium guarentees top 4 status.

Barmy delusional thinking, just like lazy replies of " we have Usmanov", if so why do we keep taking out high interest loans against our biggest revenue stream of TV revenues every season. So far he bailed us out from reporting massive losses by giving us a 30 million pre naming rights influx of cash and the measly finch farm sponsorship, it's equates to finding 10 pence down the side of his sofa, for a rich benefactor in the background he's pretty stingy.

What gets consistent top four is good recruitment, top manager and a team that consistently wins games, a shiny new stadium does not improve on the pitch fortunes, if it did then Bayern wouldn't have won 13 of the last 16 titles in Germany when all those clubs there got new stadiums for the 2006 World Cup.

The new stadium gives chances in the medium/long term to greatly increase revenues to bring in better players.

As for Usmanov, you seem to be saying we don't have him, but then secondly saying he "bails us out". I'm not sure both can be true. Either he has nothing to do with us, and the commercial deals are standard deals and we can expect to get more of them as the stadium approaches, or he is bailing us out, in which case he is onboard.

It’s the fact that so many of our signings under moshiri have generated so little in resale value - look at the window where we signed Walcott and tosun - nearly £50m and one we let go for free and the other is a crock for whom we’re just counting down the days before his contract runs out - no football club can continue to be this wasteful.

Brands in conjunction with Benitez needs to sort that out - unless it’s a superstar then we can’t be splashing out big money on lads in their late 20’s - got to be a whole lot more savvy going forward

But honestly, do you think Usmanov/Moshiri care? And if they do, why would they appoint a manager, not known for youth recruitment, not known for signing younger players etc.

It strikes me they want to keep lashing money at it. It wouldn't be my choice, but ultimately it's their money. USM is worth 20bn ish officially and probably double that unofficially with all sorts of channels to liquidity. To them giving Everton money is probably akin to giving your kid extra pocket money knowing they will waste it on sweets.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see any real concern about the values being spent at all.

The new stadium gives chances in the medium/long term to greatly increase revenues to bring in better players.

As for Usmanov, you seem to be saying we don't have him, but then secondly saying he "bails us out". I'm not sure both can be true. Either he has nothing to do with us, and the commercial deals are standard deals and we can expect to get more of them as the stadium approaches, or he is bailing us out, in which case he is onboard.
I haven't got a clue what he is, but right now it looks like he just gives his best mate a bit of cash to help out, no where near major investment.

The annual high interest loans against tv revenues and lack of stadium investment unannounced so far are a glaring clue about Usmanov.

What's he waiting for to show his hand, we have permission to build at BMD, FFP is obsolete for 12 months, he should be out at the front and centre now arms wide open like a Uzbek overlord billionaire Oligarch he is, Thanos style telling everyone I'm here now, I've arrived and I'm changing the landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.