2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a real stretch or mischaracterization of his situation with his NT. His beef is really with the coach rather than the side and is more from his part. Once he is fit there is little doubt he'll get called again and several teammates came out this week to try and calm the waters.

The Colombian offense has struggled this week and the prevailing opinion online is increasingly that Rueda had a bit of hubris giving James the tournament off to rest.

He is absolutely behaving petulantly, and it's annoying, but I think most fans are more concerned he may be damaging bridges with the coach now with his reaction to the situation than they are done with him.

Also - the frame on whether he stays is also different in LatAm. The narrative of potential interest from Milan starts from a speculated desire on Everton's part to get James' wages off the books if they hire Benitez, not James wanting away from Everton.

James would happily stay. He'd also happily leave. Mendes will be the one pulling the strings. It'll ultimately come down to what he - the agent - wants as much as anybody.

That’s the problem, they didn’t work well together

I keep seeing this being stated as fact, but having a look and he played most games under Benitez, albeit missing almost 2 months that he was out injured from September to November. And 2 months later, Benitez was gone. He was only there for 6 months afterall.

Obviously, there could be more to it than the numbers suggest, but it's not like he was ignored. Similar to his time here I guess. Played/started when he was available, regularly taken off as a sub. And that was with his apparent mentor/father figure.

He also had a squad with unlimited talent options. Something he definitely does not have here.

Lets just hope that whatever happens next, 1 of the agreements he has with the board is that the squad is getting investment, something he has been vocal about at other clubs. I don't see him accepting the job without those reassurances. More than the manager and who he used to be employed by, the most important task we have is the rebuild of this squad that has held us back for the best part of a decade.

He was always going to leave, it was the Ancelotti factors which made him come in the first place.

Sadly, we got badly misled, and it sounds like some of the signings did too. It’s okay, we as a club are bigger than one player.

Ifs just a shame, as a club, we weren’t truly able to capitalise on his time here. We’ve arranged a pre-season tournament including Millionarios, but he’ll have gone by then.

Thanks for that boss Derby pass though!

If Benitez is our next manager, James will leave 100%.

I hate this club sometimes...

Not fussed in the slightest - for all his quality he just doesnt have the physical attributes to be a top player in the Prem and he's too injury prone to build a side around.

Very telling most of our big wins last season came without him on the pitch minus the Derby.

Not fussed in the slightest - for all his quality he just doesnt have the physical attributes to be a top player in the Prem and he's too injury prone to build a side around.

Very telling most of our big wins last season came without him on the pitch minus the Derby.

He is a top player. Nevermind his physical attributes.

You just need to not be so reliant on him as we were.

All it tells us mate is Ancelotti didn't work on an attacking system without him in.

And I'm not sure it's even the case.

Spurs A, Liverpool A, Arsenal A - he played.

Chelsea H, Arsenal H - those are the other 'big wins' in the league?

Thing is, we'll actively be happy to let him go which, I kind of get, but it's also just so annoying cause we have a DoF who thought £28m on Iwobi was a good idea.

We'll never get to see what could be done with genuine pace around him in midfield and another attacking option so that we weren't so reliant on him.

That's the frustration. And I don't think what we'll save on 120k wages when we have wasters like Gomes on 100k and Bernard on 100k+ too, is worth it for the season.

He is a top player. Nevermind his physical attributes.

You just need to not be so reliant on him as we were.

All it tells us mate is Ancelotti didn't work on an attacking system without him in.

And I'm not sure it's even the case.

Spurs A, Liverpool A, Arsenal A - he played.

Chelsea H, Arsenal H - those are the other 'big wins' in the league?

You cant be finishing midtable and have a player like James Rodriguez on the bench mate.

He's a luxury player for a side like us and for me he thrown in the towel too much hobbling off when he didn't want to put in a fight.

He's just as much a problem in that regard as the other shirkers like Iwobi and Siggurdsson. If we want success we need players willing to get stuck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.