New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we get Mancini. If we offered the wages that we were paying Ancelotti, he would come imo. And in truth, it would be a really good appointment.
I've wanted him the last two times we needed a manager. Fella is very good and has seemingly progressed his style of play. Italy play really stylist/posession based attacking football. Issue is now his reputation is on the rise again.

So your aspiration is 3 years of defensive solidity where we nick the odd 1-0 win. This is why we deserve Benitez, Moyes absolutely ruined the mentality of this club all the way through to the fans. When we won the league we played with some verve, do you think Man City when they made the unlikely attempt to smash their way into the top spots in the league thought "let's just be tough to beat"? Did they balls. Small time thinking, leads to small time outcomes. It's no wonder you want "small club" Benitez in charge. Absolute joke.

Mate, look at that squad and tell me what it is. Cos it's 4 managers worth of players with no balance, depth, pace, and quality. Then add to the fact our better players may be out the door by next season.

It's not about defensive play, it's about building a team. We don't have a team. Even if you're going to make a Pep style Barca mark 2 it will take years to get to as we are now. And to do that you need to keep with the same man in charge for that time regardless of where we end up.

As for City...come on. They spent billions and weren't hard to beat until the brought in and Italian of all people who's default is defence, to start winning things with Mancini.

Last edited:

I've wanted him the last two times we needed a manager. Fella is very good and has seemingly progressed his style of play. Italy play really stylist/posession based attacking football. Issue is now his reputation is on the rise again.

He's only 56 as well. I don't think he is one of these friendly laid back managers either, I can remember seeing a photgraph where he was literrally kicking off on Ballotelli.

The issue with Carlo is that he hasn't improved a team in over twenty years. He doesn't build teams. Everton was the same as Napoli, Bayern, Madrid, PSG or Chelsea. He does okay initially because of his reputation and charisma, but he doesn't build anything and his poor training and outdated tactics means his teams don't improve but stagnate.

Benitez is the same, he hasn't built a team for 15 years, his tactics are outdated, and he is just a poorer less successful version of Carlo. Add in the baggage he comes with, and it is just a retrograde move.

We need a young, vibrant attacking coach who can come in and change the atmosphere and the culture of the Club. Get the fans off their seats and excited again. The problem is that Moshiri just goes for names and simply doesn't have the knowledge or experience to identify an up and coming Coach.

We need our own version of someone like Pochetino or Nagelsmann not a 61 year old poorer version of Carlo.

And this is....easy to do?

We went for a young manager that was touted to be a Poch in Silva, it didn't work out or at least given the stay of execution.

You've got Howe and Potter who no one really wants. The Galtier's don't want it. So if you're the chairman spending millions what do you do? Take a punt or look at something with a track record. That's what they're doing and I don't blame them for it.

At least Carlo was a winner and a name who could change the culture, get rid of the deadwood and replace them with talent.

Ideal world would be that idealistic young manager who we give 3 years to build something. But you and I know...that won't happen be it finding that person, giving them the investment, and keeping them in charge when it gets choppy.

And this is....easy to do?

We went for a young manager that was touted to be a Poch in Silva, it didn't work out or at least given the stay of execution.

You've got Howe and Potter who no one really wants. The Galtier's don't want it. So if you're the chairman spending millions what do you do? Take a punt or look at something with a track record. That's what they're doing and I don't blame them for it.

At least Carlo was a winner and a name who could change the culture, get rid of the deadwood and replace them with talent.

Ideal world would be that idealistic young manager who we give 3 years to build something. But you and I know...that won't happen be it finding that person, giving them the investment, and keeping them in charge when it gets choppy.

Benitez is absolutely not going to build a talented young team with pace, balance, and aggression. The same old players who have let us down for years will be getting another chance and will be more than happy to hide behind a deeply unpopular and divisive manager. This is the worst possible appointment for getting a squad overhaul. The players are getting away with it yet again.

I like Alan, he did a nice thing for someone I know once, and he's a nice fella, but I agree, he knows little nowadays. He tweeted the exact same thing last week though, and he was at least correct on that.
Does he often claim to know much though? I can't say I ever see him acting itk, and he generally only says something if he's confident it's true. Not sure I understand all the hate. He's one of the few in media who have said anything with any accuracy during this whole saga.

Does he often claim to know much though? I can't say I ever see him acting itk, and he generally only says something if he's confident it's true. Not sure I understand all the hate. He's one of the few in media who have said anything with any accuracy during this whole saga.
Yeah, I don't think he really does the whole ITK stuff at all. He tweets, but he tweets about other clubs too, and he's just passing on what he's been told afaik.

Maybe? It's not a certainty though, is it?

I doubt that he is on anything like the money he could earn at Everton.
He’s flying with Italy and I imagine it would take a very serious offer to tempt him. Not just money but backing to make the team competitive. Could we offer him that? Not sure myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.