Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont see how this guy can progress us

He is probably a "safe pair of hands" but thats not what we need

We need to take a risk to actually do something imo

Playing it safe will get us nowhere long term

Some overreactions to Benitez in my opinion. I don’t like him at all but Moshiri has thrown hundreds of millions in and he’s entitled to choose whoever he wants tbh.

That said I still think we interviewed him and then moved on.

"Maybe Moshiri is tired of paying compensation for GOOD managers and wants one that's out of work"

*proceeds to give a Fat Sam-type manager a 3 year contract*

"Man, Moshiri must HATE paying compensation for sacking a manager!"

The man is an idiot if he goes through with this. Don't care about the billions he has, he has 0 football acumen.
To
Be fair to him, he did hire two very good managers (on paper) it just went tits up

I just dont see how this guy can progress us

He is probably a "safe pair of hands" but thats not what we need

We need to take a risk to actually do something imo

Playing it safe will get us nowhere long term

in the last 5 years we took risks on 2 relegated managers, then a risk on Ancelotti considering he has never managed this type of team

First off, I don't think Benitez is a strong manager, and for that reason, I don't want him.

But going on and on complaining that he called Everton a small club is embarrassing. It's exactly the kind of behavior you'd expect from a small club. I'm far more offended by comments and attitudes from those within the club, like Moyes' "knife to a gunfight" comment. I don't agree that Everton is a small club, but give FSW's 13-year-old comments some context and the far more offensive grievance is the small club mentality that permeated the club from the top down during those years.
I remember awkwardly trying to explain to a mate from Uni that Nigel Martyn was getting booed by the Gwladys (when he was at Leeds) because he'd turned down a move to us about 8 years earlier. As I was saying it I realised how absolutely ridiculous it sounded and expected him to laugh in my face. He understood it immediately, because other clubs are the same. There's nothing rational about football fans, it's pointless to pretend otherwise. Benitez disrespected Everton, and people don't forget that type of thing. You can call it childish all you want, but it's just how it is, and telling people not to do it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

I trust you and the other nine people are getting yourselves ready.
Listen mate I’m not happy about it either. I could never stand the bloke.
I want what’s best for Everton
Not certain this manager is the best for us but only time will tell
Pre season is around the corner and we need to start planning and getting players in. I’ve totally lost faith in football people in general after Carlo
I’m just fed up with it all to be honest

And if we’re 0-2 down to Southampton at HT? Mayhem will ensue. He won’t last 5 minutes.
Hence why I said he’ll have no honeymoon period. Mind you if we’re two down to Southampton at HT under some mythical manager that everyone unites behind then it’ll be the players on the receiving end is said mayhem - I don’t believe the fan base has much more patience to give with some of these players

Hence why I said he’ll have no honeymoon period. Mind you if we’re two down to Southampton at HT under some mythical manager that everyone unites behind then it’ll be the players on the receiving end is said mayhem - I don’t believe the fan base has much more patience to give with some of these players
What about if we are 2=0 up

Status
Not open for further replies.