New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a head scratching appointment.

Needlessly antagonistic. Huge percent of the fanbase aggressively against it. Doing it anyway.

Self sabotage.
Or….they’ve interviewed the man, know his plans, ambition and aims & are impressed, if they are sure he’s the one to go for I’d rather they stuck to their guns and went through with it rather than worried about hurting a few negatives fans feelings. Don’t see the issue, if he’s crap he’ll be gone in under a season if not we’re winning games. Some people on here actively want him to lose games so he can be sacked?

Also just on Benitez's time at Dalian Professional...

In his last season there he pretty much binned off most of the senior players to promote the youth, hence why results suffered. Apparently he did it because there was no threat of relegation so just thought 'screw it, worth seeing how it goes'.

I've thought the board are inept and lacking ambition, but this appointment would just go and prove it for me.

And if anyone on the board is against the appointment, then the right thing for them to do would be to resign.
We think the board is some democratic process in reality moshiri or usmanov tell them this is happening get on with it , kenwright brands dbb are just happy in there cosy job with no expectations on them

Or….they’ve interviewed the man, know his plans, ambition and aims & are impressed, if they are sure he’s the one to go for I’d rather they stuck to their guns and went through with it rather than worried about hurting a few negatives fans feelings. Don’t see the issue, if he’s crap he’ll be gone in under a season if not we’re winning games. Some people on here actively want him to lose games so he can be sacked?

No I will want us to win every game, but I won't enjoy supporting the team until he is replaced.

And the idea that he is the best man for the job is genuinely ludicrous. In his last PL job he took a team down then a couple of years later left them to head off to the Chinese league.

And the idea that it is only a "few negative fans" against him is an equally ludicrous take. The overwhelming majority don't want him as manager. So the fact the board are still willing to go ahead with this appointment shows their words about listening to supporters are just that - hollow words with no substance.

Rafael Benitez’s Newcastle generally set up in a 5-4-1 formation for the majority of the 2018/19 season. The formation rarely changed as it suited the squad’s players and disguised their flaws.

This was the shape they sat and defended in with their low block. As they were a very defensive side under Benitez, they were in this shape for the majority of their matches.

Under Rafael, Newcastle were a very defensive-minded side. Benitez has always had a reputation for being a very pragmatic and tactically brilliant coach. At Newcastle, it was no different, his football was not easy on the eye.

Newcastle typically allowed the opposition to build out from the back with minimal pressure.

Can't hardly wait to be bored to death once again.

Absolutely abysmal business. Also it wont be a few. Oh and not negative, angry, big difference.

Rafael Benitez’s Newcastle generally set up in a 5-4-1 formation for the majority of the 2018/19 season. The formation rarely changed as it suited the squad’s players and disguised their flaws.

This was the shape they sat and defended in with their low block. As they were a very defensive side under Benitez, they were in this shape for the majority of their matches.

Under Rafael, Newcastle were a very defensive-minded side. Benitez has always had a reputation for being a very pragmatic and tactically brilliant coach. At Newcastle, it was no different, his football was not easy on the eye.

Newcastle typically allowed the opposition to build out from the back with minimal pressure.

I’m sure @Theoneandonly can phone Mike Ashley to identify why he told Rafael to play this way

This bit just isn't true, the Chelsea fans still hate him.
Yeah we played them for his last game in charge, his reception was still extremely frosty. There also seems to be a bit of a rewrite of history about that season as if he took over Chelsea when they were bottom of the league and miraculously made the CL. They were 3rd when he took over and 3rd when he left, it was hardly roy of the rovers stuff.

I don't think it's right that all Newcastle supporters loved him and want him back either. An old work mate of mine who follows Newcastle said it was the most boring football he'd ever seen and worse thing was it was boring by design.

No I will want us to win every game, but I won't enjoy supporting the team until he is replaced.

And the idea that he is the best man for the job is genuinely ludicrous. In his last PL job he took a team down then a couple of years later left them to head off to the Chinese league.

And the idea that it is only a "few negative fans" against him is an equally ludicrous take. The overwhelming majority don't want him as manager. So the fact the board are still willing to go ahead with this appointment shows their words about listening to supporters are just that - hollow words with no substance.
Supporters haven’t interviewed him. 95% of those whinging about him will be won over if he delivers, that’s the fickle nature of football. Just don’t get all negativity before he’s even had a training session, alladyce was a far worse choice but don’t remember this level of hatred before he was announced

Status
Not open for further replies.