New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine they'll do quite a lengthy interview on Everton TV with him that will be stage managed to the fullest extent. Those comments will be raised, not sure if he will go as far as to apologise, it would be very welcome if he did.

He'll certainly attempt to clarify them again, but if you're explaining, you're losing. He would get off to a better start if he just said "I'm sorry"

I don't think Darren Griffiths would be best placed to handle this. I'm sure it will be him, but if they are going down that route then it might be an idea to arrange another interview with an outside hack where the line of questioning would be a tad less comfy.

Benitez will get no opportunity to redeem himself in the eyes of many, and at most one chance for everyone else. He should just take the bull by the horns and apologise, no if, buts, or maybes.

Clearly a no from the fans for Rafael, and no other exciting prospects available atm, so let Ferguson have a go with Unsworth, see how they do.

The interview process of a football manager appointment should be a very minor point. Anyone can talk a good game in an interview. You should be judged on your previous work, your success or failure and your methods in those jobs.

If the board have genuinely been talked around in an interview process then that does not bode well.
And his previous work is Champions league winner , decent premier league record & took the china job for £££££. Don’t think it’s an interview as much as hearing his ideas , ambitions , targets etc

In fairness (and in no way advocating his appointment) that sounds like he set up the team to play to their strengths (or lack of them) which I don't think is something you can criticise too much.

Would be nice if we could do that rather than trying to crowbar our squad into a system that the manager wants but they clearly can't play in.

Carlo did this. Was called a dinosaur

Yes.

Are we going to pretend this isn't an issue?

You and others can look down your nose at those fans who are not fair and reasonable enough to accept an ex RS manager all you want.

It does not change the fact that the sentiment is exactly that and it is not a healthy scenario to improve things from.
If he’s winning games doesn’t bother me in the slightest, he managed Liverpool for money , not because he’s a fan, same as managing us, it’s just a job

He was there for three years mate and didn't change the style of play even once. In fact, he signed players to suit that style. Look at the utter turd he brought into that club to go into his team.

View attachment 131394
To be fair, a number of those were bought after they were relegated so many aren't of Prem quality. A few of them did do well for him though, namely Gayle and Ritchie. Yedlin was well worth a punt at that price. Almiron has done alright even at £21m.

Also, again, he was hamstrung by Ashley by all accounts.

To be fair, a number of those were bought after they were relegated so many aren't of Prem quality. A few of them did do well for him though, namely Gayle and Ritchie. Yedlin was well worth a punt at that price. Almiron has done alright even at £21m.
It's when we have to justify the situation just so that people will not hate him.

We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes. You would hope the board have looked into every detail about who they want and why. Maybe he's being brought in for 3 years to nurture big Dunc or Unsy or both Maybe it's to build a strong foundation for the future to open doors for bigger and better. We don't know. All I can say is to repeat what I've said earlier. I don't care if we get Mickey Mouse in as manager if they bring success.

And his previous work is Champions league winner , decent premier league record & took the china job for £££££. Don’t think it’s an interview as much as hearing his ideas , ambitions , targets etc

Its mad this.

It's like telling someone not to put their hand in an open fire and them replying with

"It's OK, fire is good, it cooked my tea last night and warmed up my water so I could get a bath. it probably wont burn me anyway".

Totally different scenarios and although it can do good stuff in the right instances it can also burn your hand off in the wrong circumstances. (appointing him would be sticking your hand in the fire btw just so the reference works...)

We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes. You would hope the board have looked into every detail about who they want and why. Maybe he's being brought in for 3 years to nurture big Dunc or Unsy or both Maybe it's to build a strong foundation for the future to open doors for bigger and better. We don't know. All I can say is to repeat what I've said earlier. I don't care if we get Mickey Mouse in as manager if they bring success.

My guess would be full frontal lobotomies.

Status
Not open for further replies.