New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of blues on social media all content and smug that we're taking so long to sort this and saying how they knew we would. Let me make this clear, correctly predicting that Everton Football Club would drag out a decision of major significance is like waking up in the morning and saying "Aha! See I told you the sun would rise!"

Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour Evertonians from here will join others from around the world and you will be launching the largest Internet battle in the history of mankind.

Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the 24th June and you will once again be fighting for our freedom not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution but from Man Tits Rafael.

We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist, and should we win today the 24th June will no longer be known as just another day but is the day when Evertonians declared in one voice,

“We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our No to Man Tits Rafael day!"

I find it amazing that so many people are hung up on the small club comment. Benitez had 36,000 evertonians seething with rage calling him every name under the sun and singing calling him a fat spanish waiter.
If he gets the job and can move on surely we can too.
If they pay me the rumoured £1mill a month as well, I'll happily move on.

But the issue isn't about the small club comment for many. But all of the benitez apologists, like yourself, keep bringing it up as if it is, instead of actually listening to the arguments that are actually being put forward.

I don’t think anyone needs to bend over mate but if that’s how you feel that’s your choice.

my point is most of the discontent is due to him making the small club comment.

if it’s footballing reasons then I fully get that.
What is the difference in inference between "the people's club" and "small club"

I think this is completely wrong thankfully. It'll be healthy booing as soon as his name is read out.

Childish. Why would anyone go the game and start booing before kick off. Dont you think the players will be affected, get behind the club whatever happens

Because he told the whole world he no longer felt he could manage at a high level by going to China. It's not that complicated really.

Yeah, I'm sure him going to China had absolutely nothing to do with being one of the highest paid coaches in world football.

Really don’t want Benitez appointed. Sucks the life out of my interest and any glimmer that they understand our fan base.

BUT if they really feel that they need to take emotion out AND they sign actual footballers to get me excited then maybe it is the reset we need.

If they go for Benitez and don’t back him with some really good players then there is only one way this goes.. surely they know that?

At the end of the day I won’t be looking at the manager, I’ll be looking at the eleven on the pitch. IF they appoint Benitez then I’d expect lots of sweetners on the pitch.. whether he gets them playing decent footy though.. who knows.

Ah man, this is rubbish

Let’s make it very clear for those who still don’t get it, the negativity around HIM has zero to do with that comment or his association with them but more to do with the fact his last two positions were poor, the fact a man of his experience had a poor win/loss ratio in one of the easiest leagues/countries to manage in shows how past it he is to manage at a top level anymore and the board need to hang their heads to even contemplate going through with it
Nah, not buying that. There is now way he gets the feedback on here that he is getting just because he didn't do a very good job recently. It is 99% because of the small club comment and he is ex rs. There will be some who also think he is not a good enough coach, but that is no way the main reason he is getting all the negative comments on here.

Childish. Why would anyone go the game and start booing before kick off. Dont you think the players will be affected, get behind the club whatever happens
Same fans that used to boo Rooney, then were licking arse when he scored West Ham hat trick. Some fans never be happy , half on this forum would be moaning we missed out on the quad if we won the treble!

Status
Not open for further replies.