New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why Everton fans think he's finished. Rafael probably gets a dozen job offers every week. Celtic would take him in a heartbeat. One of the stingiest chairmans in the game Mike Ashley offered to pay the same contract as we gave Ancelotti.

The criticism of his managerial skills is over the top on here.
I think a lot of clubs would take him no question. It’s the fact he’s going to be booed non stop from the outset that makes me question the appointment.

I would sooner have Benitez as manager than the poisoned dwarf Sammy Lee back in the home dug out at Goodison, think about it. If you were able to cope with Sammy Lee surely having Benitez isnt that bad an option? Don't get me wrong I would sooner see big Dunc given a chance once and for all but it doesnt look like that is going to happen

So, where are we? We have no manager and no credible option knocking on the door. We have an average squad (at best), and are few decent players (James, Richarlison, Digne, DCL) most of whom will be looking to jump ship at the first opportunity. Surely the time has come for a rebuild, and whether it's Dyche, Potter or some young foreign manager we haven't heard of, we need to get them in asap so they can start the job. We can't just keep floating around in limbo waiting for a miracle.

I will look forward to his sacking.

It shows just how either detached from the fanbase that the club is or how pathetic we are as a club. Grovelling to a disrespectful, classless little nobody who hasn't done anything of note for years.

Even if he somehow wins something it will take away the shine because it was done by him.

Hopefully this is over quick.

I find it worrying that in this snowflake age a growing number of people can’t accept any thought that differs from their own. It’s Orwellian.

For the record, I personally don’t care what he said 15 years ago. Just banter.
I don’t care that he’s ex Liverpool. I’d take Klopp tomorrow.

I‘ve just had my fill of bad management. I didn’t want Koeman or Allardyce or Silva.
Benitez is a spent force. What’s he done in the last 10 years?
He a whining fat **** who if he was from Accrington, wouldn’t get a look in.
I would much rather we went for Dyche over Benitez any day of the week.

I personally think Moshiri should have backed Martinez. I know that’s not popular on here, I don’t care. I‘d love to see him back. Failing that, I’d take a chance on a young progressive manager like Potter.

If it’s Benitez (or Moyes), I will not be renewing. I’ve got better things to do with my time. 25 years of renewals is enough.

If that’s OK with you?
Fine with me mate, I couldn’t care less what you do.

Martinez being backed without doubt would have failed. He was a train wreck.

We’re football fans, not members of a cult. I find it really difficult to get my head round how some people don’t understand that others might decide they don’t want to waste time and money doing something they don’t want to do anymore. It’s a little bit scary how some people seem to think you just have to bend over and accept whatever the club does to be honest, I suppose it explains the political situation in the country.
I don’t think anyone needs to bend over mate but if that’s how you feel that’s your choice.

my point is most of the discontent is due to him making the small club comment.

if it’s footballing reasons then I fully get that.

Ancelotti got away with alot last season because of who he was, that luxury will not be afforded to Benitez, quite the opposite IMO.....
Absolutely. I had complete faith in Ancelotti despite the awful football being produced. That was probably naive but his name carries so much weight you just expected he would get it right in time.

Benitez won’t get the same backing simply because of who he is.

But this idea is just in people's heads at the moment.

There won't be any boos at Goodison on day 1 (well maybe a few, but barely audible), because we all have the same goal which is to see Everton do well.

He'll pick up some results early on, if he goes on a run of losing five games on the bounce then yeah the fans will turn on him but that's the same with any manager.

I don't think it is in peoples heads. I think it's a massive issue that some people are overlooking and pretending it wont happen.

Let’s make it very clear for those who still don’t get it, the negativity around HIM has zero to do with that comment or his association with them but more to do with the fact his last two positions were poor, the fact a man of his experience had a poor win/loss ratio in one of the easiest leagues/countries to manage in shows how past it he is to manage at a top level anymore and the board need to hang their heads to even contemplate going through with it

I think that's very naive. If not boos there will be constant chanting of 'kopites are err...goblins?' etc. We all want Everton to do well but we clearly don't all agree on the best way to make that happen. For some people it will be just to accept whatever happens and try to be positive, for others it will be to try to bring about change. I'm not sure there's a right way and a wrong way to look at it in that regard. If it was just an underwhelming appointment i'd be right with you that you just have to get behind them, but an appointment that many people clearly see as an affront is a bit different.

If we don't win the opening game against Southampton I can see there being boos to be honest. I doubt they will do a big announcement on the tannoy of our "new manager" as that would just be a target. Probably more than any manager I can remember he will need to start well to earn himself a little time that is normally afforded to new managers.

As a fanbase we are generally quite forgiving of new players/managers but we can then turn really quickly. If we play badly against Southampton there is every chance he gets to the 2nd part.

Aside from having a pop at Liverpool I don't really know how he can win in that 1st press conference either. If he tries to "manage expectation" people are going to be on him, and if he raises expectation it will be a stick to beat him with.

It's not ideal, but it seems he and the board seem happy with it, so you just hope they are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.