New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it indefensible that we are almost at the pre season point, have not appointed a manager, have signed nobody have not sold anybody (we have such a load of rubbish on our books) and have shortlisted the biggest load of rubbish managers. Yet we just seem to be meandering along oblivious... It's quite sickening...
It’s almost like peak Kenwright days again.

I would take a nothing season ahead of what it could actually turn out like.

But this idea is just in people's heads at the moment.

There won't be any boos at Goodison on day 1 (well maybe a few, but barely audible), because we all have the same goal which is to see Everton do well.

He'll pick up some results early on, if he goes on a run of losing five games on the bounce then yeah the fans will turn on him but that's the same with any manager.

We’re football fans, not members of a cult. I find it really difficult to get my head round how some people don’t understand that others might decide they don’t want to waste time and money doing something they don’t want to do anymore. It’s a little bit scary how some people seem to think you just have to bend over and accept whatever the club does to be honest, I suppose it explains the political situation in the country.
Amoral!

We haven't been seriously threatened by relegation in years . Keeping us in the Premier league is not a major ask ffs.

I do not understand why I keep seeing people say the word stability.

The club is not in any danger of being relegated, it is in that middle area of safety without reaching the European places.

Dare I say, some instability might be a good thing.

There won't be any boos at Goodison on day 1 (well maybe a few, but barely audible), because we all have the same goal which is to see Everton do well.

He'll pick up some results early on, if he goes on a run of losing five games on the bounce then yeah the fans will turn on him but that's the same with any manager.

I think this is completely wrong thankfully. It'll be healthy booing as soon as his name is read out.

I find it amazing that so many people are hung up on the small club comment. Benitez had 36,000 evertonians seething with rage calling him every name under the sun and singing calling him a fat spanish waiter.
If he gets the job and can move on surely we can too.

This seems a bit extreme like. A monumental catastrophe? Why? Because he called us a small club 15 years ago?

I didn't want him either but we're getting him and we should get behind it from the first game otherwise we're only in for another nothing season.

It's another humiliation under this regime. In my opinion, no success can come under Benitez so I look forward to when this is all over.

It's nothing to do with the small club comment or things that happened 15 years ago. Although if we had any ounce of self respect then that would have ruled him out. It's all to do with the fact they are happy to make such divisive decisions and go against fan opinion. There's a lot of nice words and pats on the back at Everton, but I judge them by their actions and this regime have been a total and utter failure.

I think that's very naive. If not boos there will be constant chanting of 'kopites are err...goblins?' etc. We all want Everton to do well but we clearly don't all agree on the best way to make that happen. For some people it will be just to accept whatever happens and try to be positive, for others it will be to try to bring about change. I'm not sure there's a right way and a wrong way to look at it in that regard. If it was just an underwhelming appointment i'd be right with you that you just have to get behind them, but an appointment that many people clearly see as an affront is a bit different.

I think this is completely wrong thankfully. It'll be healthy booing as soon as his name is read out.

From a load of 20 year olds, booing him coz he called us a small club even though they don't even remember him saying it?

I can't imagine it'll be grown men booing as that'd just be sad.

Allardyce wasn't booed on day 1 despite 99% of the fanbase being against him. I know there's a bit more history with Benitez, but still can't see him getting booed.

There were a few who booed on Sam's first day against Huddersfield. Most just stood there like me with glum faces wondering what in the world had happenned.

With Benitez it will be on a far different level. The vast majority of supporters, match going and not match going, do not support this appointment. They pride themselves on being the people's club and on taking fan opinion on board, but we all know now that those are just words and very hollow words. This regime have zero understanding of the club and seem intent on making our lives following the club utterly miserable.

I mean we aren’t even supposed to be in the position to even look for a new manager, up until last Tuesday we had one and will have had a plan in place for transfers. Ancelotti’s defection to Madrid threw a massive spanner into the works, it was never going to be bang, done in a couple of days getting a replacement when then board weren’t planning for one

2 weeks on, are you still as relaxed?

I do not understand why I keep seeing people say the word stability.

The club is not in any danger of being relegated, it is in that middle area of safety without reaching the European places.

Dare I say, some instability might be a good thing.

1994. 1997. 2014. 2017.

we have had plenty of instability. The wrong management and relegation are a real possibility especially with some of the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.