New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want us to take a punt on someone who could be really good or bomb completely

Like Favre/Kovac/Ten Hag/Zidane even kin Potter.

Likes of Benitez/Nuno are boring mid tablers and El Loco would be a disaster after his previous spell here.

I wonder if after the Watford/Silva incident the club have been warned about approaching other clubs managers? Seems odd we are only looking at managers out of work when Koeman/Silva we head hunted from other clubs @catcherintherye[/B]

I don't think we've been warned in any sort of ominous keep away from me bird kind of way, mate.

I'm sure now with the amount of money it's cost us to fire Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and Silva, along with what it will have cost us in compo to Wigan/Southampton/Watford - We're probably just trying to spend smarter.

You have to wonder what on Earth is going on if they’ve had 5 rounds of talks with Benitez and are still talking to other potentials lol
The Everton Recruitment Process

Stage 1: Abduction
Stage 2: Rough-housing by hired goons (possibly featuring Duncan)
Stage 3: Fingernail extraction
Stage 4: Sleep deprivation
Stage 5: Sound torture, sponsored by Megafon
Stage 6: Dispatch to Goodison in the boot of a Renault Megane
Stage 7: Bill Kenwright

It's at stage 7 that most candidates break and accept that the Everton job is not for them.

I don't think we've been warned in any sort of ominous keep away from me bird kind of way, mate.

I'm sure now with the amount of money it's cost us to fire Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and Silva, along with what it will have cost us in compo to Wigan/Southampton/Watford - We're probably just trying to spend smarter.
Thing is we have too, thankfully Real came in for Carlo, we just cant go in for other clubs managers right now, which rules out quite a few

I never said that. I'm simply saying there are 2 sides to every story.

Going to Inter was a huge mistake. They had just won the treble with a team that was on their last legs that performed out of their skin for Mourinho. Its a bit like Utd under SAF, Moyes shouldn't have gone, but you can understand why he did. It would have been bad for anyone who went to Inter. The proof of that is no one has been able to win anything with them until this season. Then again there were no other options.

Chelsea was and wasn't a mistake. I think he had a point to prove there and I think he made it and rectified his time at Inter. Even still he had offers from Atletico, Aston Villa and Schalke.

Going to Madrid was a mistake too as he was on a hiding for nothing. As are most managers. He should have gone to West Ham instead. You can understand why he went to Madrid though.

He should have probably left Newcastle earlier than he did too. No one could have blamed him for walking out after they got relegated, but he obviously wanted to rectify that. He should have joined Southampton when offered the chance.
Remember when he had that "Facts" press conference, ranting at "Mr Ferguson" despite being 7 points ahead in the title race and ended up losing the title to Utd after everyone thought he was having a meltdown.

That was funny mate.

Lampard shouts are truly bizarre. He was only motivated at Chelsea because it’s his club. He was only motivated at Derby because he wanted the Chelsea job so much. I don’t think he’ll be a manager for much longer, destined for a full time punditry career.
Maybe he'll do really well here so he can get the West Ham job.

Status
Not open for further replies.