New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
….’Rafael’ is a term of endearment blatantly utilised by the Echo in their reporting, in the same way they wrote about ‘Stevie G’, ‘Carra’ et al. When reporting on us, they said ‘Cahill’. ‘Lukaku’ etc.

Koppites use the term ‘Rafael’, he likes ‘Rafael’.

Evertonians should call him Benitez.

Apparently mancini is so thin as him being associated with Everton has out him right off his dinner, allegedly

This forum was also fuming with the idea of nuno getting it when it looked like he was on the verge (who I would have been happy with )

Seems the main requirements for a appointment everyone is happy with is they've never managed in the Prem so we aren't familiar with them enough to be negative
It's because the club always goes for the most obvious and boring choice possible instead of actually trying something different. Have 0 imagination and their ENTIRE process f both players and managers is seemingly making sure they have the fabled "PREMIER LEAGUE EXPERIENCE".

And when that doesn't work they go right down the exact same road that they drove off a cliff with right before.

This forum was also fuming with the idea of nuno getting it when it looked like he was on the verge (who I would have been happy with )

Seems the main requirements for a appointment everyone is happy with is they've never managed in the Prem so we aren't familiar with them enough to be negative

It's the foreign illusion that as they know zero about them, it's more exciting. With the others they know exactly what we're getting and there's no excitement.

If you're dropping millions on something, you'd edge towards something more reliable than an unknown.

I think Lampard would be a good choice, although I learned very quickly that I am very much in the minority on that lol
I would take Lampard before Benitez all day long.

If Benitez gets the nod, I fear the toxic atmosphere at Goodison will have major effects on the team, some of the dire football from last season will be repeated. With a half descent coach appointed we could make a great start, looking at the early fixtures, we have a good chance to build confidence back in a struggling team and get in the top 6. With Benitez and a toxic 12th man I fear the bottom 6 is much more likely.

Tony

….’Rafael’ is a term of endearment blatantly utilised by the Echo in their reporting, in the same way they wrote about ‘Stevie G’, ‘Carra’ et al. When reporting on us, they said ‘Cahill’. ‘Lukaku’ etc.

He’ll always be be “ that fat Kopite so and so” to me!!!!

Like 'Boris'. Makes my skin crawl.

It's the foreign illusion that as they know zero about them, it's more exciting. With the others they know exactly what we're getting and there's no excitement.

If you're dropping millions on something, you'd edge towards something more reliable than an unknown.
I don’t really watch much football anymore other than Everton games so most of the foreign names are a bit of a mystery to me. Obviously there are no brainers like Klopp and Mourinho in his day who were going gang busters before they came but a fair number come to the PL and don’t set the world on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.