New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah all the excitement has been sucked out of it, I am just bored of the club doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I would 100% prefer the risk of someone who is a little more unknown or no prem experience. All managers are a risk, at least add some of the mystery and unknown around it.
I think as fans we want an element of romance but can understand why the board would be slightly more risk averse. I just don’t understand why they don’t see appointing a manager the fans will turn on in an instant as risky!

I've already explained this. He wanted to set up defensively, but was told he had to go all out attack against Barcelona as they wanted to put on a show. He advised against it. That's what happened. He was told that certain players had to play because of their transfer fees, despite not fitting in tactically to what Rafael wanted to do.

Why not mention 5-0 vs Betis, 6-0 vs Espanyol, 10-2 vs Ray Vallecano, 4-0 vs Shakhtar, 8-0 vs Malmo
This has the basis for a new TV programme ...... "Who is the Masked Poster ?"

The panel have to decide if it's Guilleme Balague , Mrs Benitez , Stevie G , his agent or A.N.Other with members of GOT screaming "Take it off , take it off " ......only to reveal that's it's the FSW himself .

In the background Moshiri is seen tearing up the contract as Benitez utters those immortal words ......" And I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids on GOT "....... oh no that's another programme , just like @Theoneandonly ....I haven't got a Scooby.

I think as fans we want an element of romance but can understand why the board would be slightly more risk averse. I just don’t understand why they don’t see appointing a manager the fans will turn on in an instant as risky!

I think they need to realise though, any and every manager is a risk. Not one manger really (except for the 72 points cup) has been a success, and by that measure we need to try something different. Just because a manager hasn't managed in this league before doesn't make them poor.

Barring 3/4 mangers this league is full of average managers, and the out of work managers who have managed in the league is a standard even lower.

Lampard shouts are truly bizarre. He was only motivated at Chelsea because it’s his club. He was only motivated at Derby because he wanted the Chelsea job so much. I don’t think he’ll be a manager for much longer, destined for a full time punditry career.
Not to mention how good they were the instant he was gone

International management is not that big of a thing these days. He would probably jump at the chance to come back to this league.
Apparently said that because he missed out on winning a WC as a player wants to get one as a manager, so looks like he's in it for the long haul. Would love to have him here to be honest, but good for Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.