New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically he's perfect and has never done anything wrong ever! :zzz:
Name any manager that's never done anything wrong, every manager makes mistakes otherwise they would all be at the same team till they resigned or died, again everyone is trying to put their own spin on what went wrong at his previous clubs but like what's going on now with our search for a manager we don't have all the facts

See I actually find that attitude even stranger. I could get it if you were saying you thought that appointing a manager with Benitez's record was our best chance of competing at the top end - i'd disagree but I could get the thinking behind it. If you don't think we'll be any good or go down whoever is in charge, then it's weird to me that you would be happy with us being managed by a bloke who has a reputation for dull football, who doesn't really come across well publicly (he may be a lovely bloke in private but his public persona isn't great) and who has an indelible link to our biggest rivals. If we're going to finish in midtable regardless then i'd much rather not do it with Benitez/Allardyce/Pulis/Gerrard etc in charge.

Also 'banter' is surely a big part of being a football fan? If I just wanted to watch people kicking a ball I wouldn't support a team, i'd just watch whoever took my fancy at any given time. Getting stick off reds and feeling like I don't really have a connection to my own team would be a pretty big thing for me. Obviously we're all different.

My point is I wouldn't be happy with anyone coming in because of the way the squad is and feel that the manager that is chosen will all have the same issues regardless of style.

All the managers are walking into a side that don't have a 25 man squad, players with question marks on whether they'll be here next season surrounded by players who are too slow, don't want to be here, or clearly not good enough.

So regardless of if you'd rather have flamboyant Potter/Galtier football or dull negative Nuno/Rafael football from the off its recruitment, embedding, using the squad that's left which in anyone's book will take 1 full season to even get competent (and I'd say one is more harder than the other).

So as usual it'll come down to the next season where it's sink or swim (which shouldn't be the case). But all roads go to the same conclusion if it isn't working which is the fans will turn. We've been here before with Martinez and Silva in one style camp and the other with Koeman and Carlo.

There ain't going to be a revolution at the club or a new breed of football etc because to me it would never sustain to actually work until that squad is gutted from head to toe.

As for the rival fans, I never said the banter isn't part of football. It more the idea that seeing kopites putting "agent Rafael" up on social media or getting stick from a mate I'm the alehouse surely shouldn't make you feel embarrassed or upset by it to lash out at the club for making your club look bad in public. If that were the case, I'd never speak to half of my family who are kopites.

What you said about that comment is spot on, who cares what he said then, he wasnt our manager but a rival, its school yard sticks and stones, meaningless.
Besides how much is verbally thrown at the club and members of the board by actual Everton fans? Since when did we become offended by everything ashamed by nothing
its weird mate. It was weird to be offended by it at the time, let alone what? 10 years later.

You're probably going to end up with both on the management team!

Exactly. I wonder what people's reaction would be to Benitez not wanting Ferguson on his staff but imagine that isn't likely at all.

He will be more likely to be conciliatory than any other manager, and generally those in the recent past haven't attempted a shake-up at all.

That's the most curious thing for me about the would-be appointment.

I understand it on a football level, but if they were wanting someone to give the squad and football club a bit of a shake-up in attitude and approach, particularly at an obviously homely, family club like ours, then it's hard to see an ex-Liverpool manager with those comments attached being the one to do it.

He would have to be here years in my opinion to feel confident and emboldened enough to take on the attitude problem that exists here.

I could be wrong, as the outsider of outsiders he may feel in an ideal position to ruffle feathers, and maybe that is Moshiri / Usmanovs thinking, but I just don't see it.

If he stays long enough to get his feet under the desk, I think he is more likely than not to be smothered by the establishment at Everton, which isn't good for us. If he gets the job here, he'll want to stay a while at least.

1. Lampard
2. Gailter
3. Nuno
4. Rafael
5. Potter

of the names bandied about. Haven't heard anything about Lampard TBH

TBH Mancini would be my optimal pick but do not think we have a chance

I see no real reason why we cant get Mancini unless his Italian FA contract is massive (or indeed he wants to stay on in the role.)

…not for me. He now needs us more than we need him. If he is appointed & it goes wrong, we’ll be a laughing stock in this part of the world,

Its a definite no, we have to maintain our values and self-respect.
Don't get me wrong - I'd be happier with any of the other names we've interviewed than he, but I just don't see it as disastrous if he rocks up - so long as he achieves.

At the end of it all, he who bankrolls the club makes the choice. I wouldn't want GOT choosing a car or a hifi for me using my cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.