New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure many geordies would agree with your description of what happened up there.

Who cares what Geordies think about him when some of us do not listen to what our own fans think of him?

Ignoring the Everton fans whilst listening to Newcastle fans would be madness.

Would be interesting to see what the real thoughts on him coming without all the super fan top blues shouting down every one who has a different opinion
Genuine question. What is preventing you from doing that? There's this forum, others, twitter, real life. I'm not sure what you're suggesting is not 'real' about the thoughts being expressed on here?

It's really sad that there seems to be so many apparent everton fans, clamouring for a kopite legend to take over. Shows the damage that has been done in the last 5 years.

To be fair there’s only two, one of them is absolutely not an Everton fan in @Theoneandonly and the other is @Kev50 who is starting to look a bit unhinged in his rabid fanboyism of Benitez.

Yes he did - but I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt and say he was just playing the game, like the wwf pantomime. Its not as if he were born and brought up in the north west with any true allegiances.

Anyhow- surely we're big enough to laugh at it and not let it hurt us?

…not for me. He now needs us more than we need him. If he is appointed & it goes wrong, we’ll be a laughing stock in this part of the world,

Its a definite no, we have to maintain our values and self-respect.

When was the last time Benitez did something more impressive than Martinez as a manager?
He's an actively bad manager who is hated by our fans on top of that.
I also don't believe for a second that he's being considered.
Too many links (and lack of links to others) to suggest he’s not being actively considered- i’ll be surprised if he isn’t appointed.

he’s not an actively bad manager and comparing him to martinez is just daft - martinez has won one fa cup and landed a plum squad which he turned into a shambles within 18 months. I was at anfield when they beat us 4-0 - it could have been 12/13 we were that devoid of any structure or fight.

like i said he’s not my first choice and some fans have taken a visceral dislike to the idea but lets not making out he’s rubbish when he isn’t.

It's a tough one with Moshiri.

He has not been a success so far but he has not really been a failure either.

He has backed his managers by and large, they have just bought in crap. He has made a smart step getting a DOF in yet has not let him have much of a say.

Realistically he has been a bit unlucky. All this goes out the window if he brings Benitez (or indeed Martinez) in though. If he does that he is a obviously too stupid to realize what he is doing.
He made so many mistakes it’s unreal. 49.9% at the start then keeping the board on. Then the appointment of managers have been total failure. He then let them spend stupid money on average players..3 number tens cost 70 mil something daft like that. Allows Lukaku to leave but doesn’t buy a new striker. It Goes on and on and now he wants to make a former RS manager, that the fan base despise as our manager because it will stabilise the club

Maybe it is time for a dose of reality, and having someone clinical and unemotional in his approach to change Everton from this mess we are in at the minute?

I don't want Rafael never have, never will but also can't help thinking that everybody at the club especially the playing side and coaching staff need a few home truths and maybe a cold calculated pair of eyes might just finally do it?

I am sick of hearing that we need somebody who gets Everton? We have DBB, Bill Kenwright, Duncan, Rhino, Ebbrell, Baines, and so on and so on at the club who all supposedly get Everton and we are a mess, Duncan apparently gets Everton more than anyone and yet is not ready to be Manager because he is only passion (depsite being the same age as Pep and older than Tuchel?)

Maybe its time to take emotion out of it and get somebody who knows what he is doing and will finally shake the club to its foundations and force real change, because we need it now more than ever.

Nice place to work for a couple of years running? It appears the only people who aren't having a nice time at Everton are the fans?

We wanted big name managers we got it, we wanted big name players we go it, we wanted big money spent on transfers we got it, we wanted a new ground looks like we are getting it, maybe its time to stop thinking about want the fans want and run the club properly with someone who is going to tell it how it is? If thats Rafael then so be it because nothing else has worked and I don't see any candidate who sticks out? (I have never seen Lille play so know nothing about Gaultier.)

Genuine question. What is preventing you from doing that? There's this forum, others, twitter, real life. I'm not sure what you're suggesting is not 'real' about the thoughts being expressed on here?

Not a football thing, but those in opposition tend to shout much louder. Quite often, if you only listen to the voice you can hear, then your view of it can become quite skewed. Twitter and internet forums are in eth most part just another channel for people to make their voice heard.

I just want us to take a punt on someone who could be really good or bomb completely

Like Favre/Kovac/Ten Hag/Zidane even kin Potter.

Likes of Benitez/Nuno are boring mid tablers and El Loco would be a disaster after his previous spell here.

I wonder if after the Watford/Silva incident the club have been warned about approaching other clubs managers? Seems odd we are only looking at managers out of work when Koeman/Silva we head hunted from other clubs @catcherintherye

Yes there's a lot in that.

I get the feeling Usmanov/Moshiri want to be wowed by the candidate. They want to meet them and believe in them. I personally think it's a very poor way to recruit managers but that's the feeling I get.

In honesty I'm not sure what Moshiri was thinking with Silva and he's the anomaly in terms of recruits. They clearly want a big name "hollywood manager". They probably view things in a very similar way to how Abramovich views things who also got burnt a it with AVB gambling on a younger coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.