New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Rafael saying we are small and being RS (granted all pretty big things to be annoyed about), he is clearly the most qualified and probably best manager we could hope for. If he hadn’t of been a red we would be happy to have him. I’m sorry to say it but we are a shambles, this debacle and all the others prove it. The sooner everyone gets their head around it the better. At this point Rafael, NES, Howe, Jimmy Hill, Jimmy Savile just F’ing get someone in. You reckon any right minded manager would want to be involved with us? No chance. I’m just sick of it all.
If he hadn't been a red, I still wouldn't want him. (I don't care he managed them). He is done. He was poor at Newcastle and even worse in China. He hasn't won anything in a long time and plays terrible football.

Other than Rafael saying we are small and being RS (granted all pretty big things to be annoyed about), he is clearly the most qualified and probably best manager we could hope for. If he hadn’t of been a red we would be happy to have him.
Speak for yourself. He was crap at Newcastle, spent loads on crap players and played horrible boring football (aside from when they were in the championship and had double the budget of most clubs) and since then has been dossing in China for the last couple years.
Why do I care that he won stuff over a decade ago?

Roberto Di Matteo won a champions league once - should we hire him? We hired Martinez because he won an FA cup - that went well! Hodgson got Fulham to a Europa league semi or final I don’t remember it was ages ago and who cares but it was impressive - shall we hire him? Steve Bruce just out performed Benitez who some are so sure is a great manager - bet we could prize him away from Newcastle?

I have yet to see anyone who is pro Benitez make a good argument why he would be the man for our club right now. Ignore that he’s RS fine, why is he good for us right now? When has he built a crap mid table team up to challenging for top 4? When has he taken a crap mid table team to win anything? All I see on his CV is managing galacticos at Madrid, the most expensive team in the premier league at Chelsea and being carried by a few world class players at Liverpool (take Gerrard alone out of Istanbul and they leave well beaten).

So who is this great manager we supposedly can do no better than?

Wouldn’t surprise me if they did announce it today. Bound to be either Nuno or Benitez, and as we know Moshiri tends to get his way so it’ll probably be the unthinkable.

BF9D775F-649A-4564-AE73-CF5F66D58D21.jpeg

Duncan Ferguson cannot do the job right now, like Lampard could not do the Chelsea job then. Lampard was given the job too early (one season at Derby not enough), but Gerrard has done the right thing and managed a team a couple of seasons (and even won a title, and beating unbeaten all season in the league).

So has Neil lennon does that make him worth a shot?

I simply couldn't imagine Gerrard managing our club, horrendous

We're gonna try something a bit different this season by not having a manager or coaching staff.

The fans will be voting every Friday evening for each position.

Then we vote on who can pick the tactics out of Moshi, brands, dunc and Kenwright.

If the fans pick the mot then we get points added which will give us more power to enter the vote to choose who we can sign

Longer it goes on the more I think its gonna be Ferguson. If we had announced him straight away, the plotters would've complained that it showed we have no plan, regardless of facts, and it would've been assumed we hadn't looked and/or had no ambition.

By taking a couple of weeks, interviewing potential candidates we have ended up making the appointment sound like a best case scenario in face of alternatives. We release a statement saying that after careful consideration and after interviewing a number of potential managers, none of them shared the vision of the board at this time and that as Pre season fast approaches, Duncan will take charge in an interim capacity. We will continue to look for a long term replacement for Ancelotti, but for the time being we are pleased to announce Ferguson will take the reigns with immediate effect and will work closely with Marcel Brands in developing the squad for the coming season.

All things considered, he ticks a number of boxes. He has done the job before, albeit briefly, and knows the club inside out. He has already established good working relationships with everyone at the club. He knows the squad as good as anyone, having worked with them for best part of 6 years, so there's no need for months of assessments and more time to adjust and bed in.

He is loyal, committed, a natural charismatic leader and has the clubs ambitions along with his own. Players and fans love him and look up to him. And the fact we are trying to move forward with the DOF model, he wouldn't have to worry about transfers etc.

Appointing anyone at this stage, to replace a name like Ancelotti, is going to be problematic. You would struggle to get anyone with a comparable CV or reputation without spending even more and hoping they don't walk in a years time when a bigger job comes around. Anyone lesser is a gamble with some big shoes to fill and a very difficult crowd to win over.

Ferguson on an interim basis means we can assess his performance as we go without committing to a huge contract that we have to pay off it it doesn't work. It means we can legitimately keep our options open if the right man should become available, or if we are struggling, we can appoint someone with little fuss. But if its working, there is no need to rush into an appointment that is wrong but convenient. He would also be gaining valuable experience all the time and it's a good test of his abilities over a longer period. Essentially, it's the equivalent of a Loan before you buy but for a manager.

If no one is named by the end of this week, I can see this being announced. And I for 1 would be happy with it, especially in the face of the other realistic options available.
100% this is where I am now on this. We cannot afford giving an average manager the opportunity to buy his players, get sacked after 12-18 months and rebuild again. Put Brands firmly in charge of creating an identity, a transfer plan and playing style.....and Duncan as the first team coach, to pick the team on a Saturday.

Rafael is a parasite, a horrible human being, and most importantly, NOT a good manager anymore. Oscar and Witsel are still good footballers, but you don't touch anyone that has gone to China to play football as their characters are in question. The sames goes for a manager. It is extremely rich people dropping every last shred of dignity they had to... make even more money.

Eddie Howe is not even close to being good enough, Nuno would be deeply underwhelming and the fact that his Wolves side were the slowest, ran the least and had, by a country mile, the lowest number of "sprints" stats beggars belief having watched Everton last season!!!

Moyes is a serial loser.

Martinez? Go and watch 90 mins of any game in this last 18 months and tell me you would have him back!!!

I would take Galtier, but that is a gamble as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.