New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Longer it goes on the more I think its gonna be Ferguson. If we had announced him straight away, the plotters would've complained that it showed we have no plan, regardless of facts, and it would've been assumed we hadn't looked and/or had no ambition.

By taking a couple of weeks, interviewing potential candidates we have ended up making the appointment sound like a best case scenario in face of alternatives. We release a statement saying that after careful consideration and after interviewing a number of potential managers, none of them shared the vision of the board at this time and that as Pre season fast approaches, Duncan will take charge in an interim capacity. We will continue to look for a long term replacement for Ancelotti, but for the time being we are pleased to announce Ferguson will take the reigns with immediate effect and will work closely with Marcel Brands in developing the squad for the coming season.

All things considered, he ticks a number of boxes. He has done the job before, albeit briefly, and knows the club inside out. He has already established good working relationships with everyone at the club. He knows the squad as good as anyone, having worked with them for best part of 6 years, so there's no need for months of assessments and more time to adjust and bed in.

He is loyal, committed, a natural charismatic leader and has the clubs ambitions along with his own. Players and fans love him and look up to him. And the fact we are trying to move forward with the DOF model, he wouldn't have to worry about transfers etc.

Appointing anyone at this stage, to replace a name like Ancelotti, is going to be problematic. You would struggle to get anyone with a comparable CV or reputation without spending even more and hoping they don't walk in a years time when a bigger job comes around. Anyone lesser is a gamble with some big shoes to fill and a very difficult crowd to win over.

Ferguson on an interim basis means we can assess his performance as we go without committing to a huge contract that we have to pay off it it doesn't work. It means we can legitimately keep our options open if the right man should become available, or if we are struggling, we can appoint someone with little fuss. But if its working, there is no need to rush into an appointment that is wrong but convenient. He would also be gaining valuable experience all the time and it's a good test of his abilities over a longer period. Essentially, it's the equivalent of a Loan before you buy but for a manager.

If no one is named by the end of this week, I can see this being announced. And I for 1 would be happy with it, especially in the face of the other realistic options available.

Longer it goes on the more I think its gonna be Ferguson. If we had announced him straight away, the plotters would've complained that it showed we have no plan, regardless of facts, and it would've been assumed we hadn't looked and/or had no ambition.

By taking a couple of weeks, interviewing potential candidates we have ended up making the appointment sound like a best case scenario in face of alternatives. We release a statement saying that after careful consideration and after interviewing a number of potential managers, none of them shared the vision of the board at this time and that as Pre season fast approaches, Duncan will take charge in an interim capacity. We will continue to look for a long term replacement for Ancelotti, but for the time being we are pleased to announce Ferguson will take the reigns with immediate effect and will work closely with Marcel Brands in developing the squad for the coming season.

All things considered, he ticks a number of boxes. He has done the job before, albeit briefly, and knows the club inside out. He has already established good working relationships with everyone at the club. He knows the squad as good as anyone, having worked with them for best part of 6 years, so there's no need for months of assessments and more time to adjust and bed in.

He is loyal, committed, a natural charismatic leader and has the clubs ambitions along with his own. Players and fans love him and look up to him. And the fact we are trying to move forward with the DOF model, he wouldn't have to worry about transfers etc.

Appointing anyone at this stage, to replace a name like Ancelotti, is going to be problematic. You would struggle to get anyone with a comparable CV or reputation without spending even more and hoping they don't walk in a years time when a bigger job comes around. Anyone lesser is a gamble with some big shoes to fill and a very difficult crowd to win over.

Ferguson on an interim basis means we can assess his performance as we go without committing to a huge contract that we have to pay off it it doesn't work. It means we can legitimately keep our options open if the right man should become available, or if we are struggling, we can appoint someone with little fuss. But if its working, there is no need to rush into an appointment that is wrong but convenient. He would also be gaining valuable experience all the time and it's a good test of his abilities over a longer period. Essentially, it's the equivalent of a Loan before you buy but for a manager.

If no one is named by the end of this week, I can see this being announced. And I for 1 would be happy with it, especially in the face of the other realistic options available.
He has 3 games experience. So no

So ladies and gents, boys and girls, RS,Wums,Plotters and Hipsters is today the day Everton die? Or will we announce someone who’s not a fat Spanish waiter? If we announce anyone at all

Why are you going to give anyone the job! Past reputation or potential? For the two on offer at this time, I'd rather give it to Dunc.

Duncan Ferguson cannot do the job right now, like Lampard could not do the Chelsea job then. Lampard was given the job too early (one season at Derby not enough), but Gerrard has done the right thing and managed a team a couple of seasons (and even won a title, and beating unbeaten all season in the league).

So ladies and gents, boys and girls, RS,Wums,Plotters and Hipsters is today the day Everton die? Or will we announce someone who’s not a fat Spanish waiter? If we announce anyone at all

So trying to look on the bright side, i guess the quicker we announce the FSW, the quicker we can run him out of town, so for that reason i hope today is the day!

ohh the 37 shots to 3 game

cheers Bobby
Football is dire all the time, end of. Cannot watch anymore of that kind of nonsense.

Also, don't know how you can say Ancelotti failed at Bayern. His brief was to win the Bundesliga and he did it. Just because Bayern always win the Bundesliga doesn't make him a failure there. And if you're going to point out how they did in Europe, them I presume you are going to tell me that Guardiola was a failure there too. It isn't easy to motivate a side that has just won the league to do it again, even if they are full of good players - just ask Moyes about his Utd debacle.

Anyway, Benitez out!!
Duncan Ferguson cannot do the job right now, like Lampard could not do the Chelsea job then. Lampard was given the job too early (one season at Derby not enough), but Gerrard has done the right thing and managed a team a couple of seasons (and even won a title, and beating unbeaten all season in the league).
Perhaps Ferguson can take over from slippy when Slippy gets a bigger job? That would do, cut your teeth up there, prove you have something other than passion, prove the doubters (of whom I am one) wrong.

9190829B-8EE3-4BC4-8B49-4D09E46050BC.png

….not much happening here, bookies still covering Benitez.

One of the names a few seem keen on is Bielsa. The media are obsessed with him as though he had created a great team at Leeds. Last time I looked Leeds were lower than us in the table. OK, probably their style of play was far more exciting than ours. I know there is no chance of Bielsa joining Everton anyway because what is the point in leaving one mid table club to join another? I doubt we would pay more than Leeds. His English appears to be nil so he must employ an interpreter to get his views across to the players, maybe the same little fella that talks to the press. He would be no long term solution as he looks ancient and is probably homesick for Argentina, so 2-3 years max. That is him written off as far as I am concerned. .
You clearly don't look at the table much then, as they finished ahead of us. I'd have him over nuno or Rafael.

You make a lot of assumptions such as he is probably homesick.

We would 100% pay more than Leeds. Who cares if he uses an interpreter, it clearly works as he won promotion and then a top half finish in his first season in the PL.

Why talk about him when you know nothing about him and are making random guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.