New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Daily Mail claim Everton talks with Nuno Espirito Santo are continuing with discussions being held over his backroom team.

Nuno worked for the long-term with six staff members at Wolverhampton Wanderers, including an assistant manager and goalkeeping coach, which Everton currently have in the form of Duncan Ferguson and Alan Kelly respectively."

So the holdup is basically because Moshiri & Brands are still mulling over exactly how to break the news to Big Dunc?

They're just about to make an unpopular appointment even more unpopular..
Hardly anyone will care if Duncan leaves, he should go manage somewhere anyway

That's not a fact, its an opinion!

A good manager adapts to the players he has got and acts accordingly. Something which I'm not sure Ancelotti did here actually.
Ancelotti never looked interested, one eye was somewhere else possibly within 6 months of coming, and our fan base bought into that because he won stuff for other teams.
It's as if they thought it made Everton relevant in the modern era, but they dont want a manager who needs to win stuff, with us,for his CV.

Ancelotti never looked interested, one eye was somewhere else possibly within 6 months of coming, and our fan base bought into that because he won stuff for other teams.
It's as if they thought it made Everton relevant in the modern era, but they dont want a manager who needs to win stuff, with us,for his CV.

To be fair, he did.

Allardyce sent our profile back years.

I just hope Ancelotti wasn't sold a lie, and it's as simple a case as Real Madrid being Real Madrid. Make no mistake, if we appoint Nuno Santo and Real Madrid come for him - he's off too.

"The Daily Mail claim Everton talks with Nuno Espirito Santo are continuing with discussions being held over his backroom team.

Nuno worked for the long-term with six staff members at Wolverhampton Wanderers, including an assistant manager and goalkeeping coach, which Everton currently have in the form of Duncan Ferguson and Alan Kelly respectively."

So the holdup is basically because Moshiri & Brands are still mulling over exactly how to break the news to Big Dunc?

They're just about to make an unpopular appointment even more unpopular..
Why? We need fresh ideas, Ferguson has been on the staff since Martinez’ reign

To be fair, he did.

Allardyce sent our profile back years.

I just hope Ancelotti wasn't sold a lie, and it's as simple a case as Real Madrid being Real Madrid. Make no mistake, if we appoint Nuno Santo and Real Madrid come for him - he's off too.
I can’t think of too many managers that wouldn’t leave for Real Madrid. The only way to stave off that kind of interest is for the board to be extremely serious about investing in the team to make us genuine challengers now and I don’t see that as being realistic.

The rumours about Brands and Ancelotti disagreeing over recruitment strategy seem plausible but other factors obviously could influence Ancelotti’s decision; the chance to win La Liga and maybe a more comfortable lifestyle for his family in Madrid.

Excellent post mate. Agree with everything you said. These top managers are usually top managers because they have already taken on a top team with unlimited resources so only tweaks here and there and basically a world market open to them. Building is a different proposition when you have limited resources. Patience is something mosts fans do not possess in this day and age and managers come and go because they have to be in a rush to make things happen....otherwise they are out.
You are right about a lack patience ....but if the club either through its manager or DoF laid out the vision I believe the fans would be supportive and allow time.

Imagine if Brands came out and said
" Look we are appointing X who has a track record of building teams. Our intention is to lower the age of the squad and bring in young , hungry players with pace and technique. However to integrate them and replace some of the current squad ( you all know who I'm talking about ) will take 2 years. Results will be up and down in that period and we may not be competitive with the top 6 teams for 2 seasons "

I think the vast majority of fans would accept and understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.