New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great results - but terrible football on the whole

He's saddled us with a couple of ageing players on top of a mountain of other ageing players

He caused Brands to completely throw out 'the model' of how to move the club forward

He made us look like a laughing stock by toddling off at the first opportunity after we were all shouting his praises and buzzing off how much he loved 'living in Crosby'

And worst of all - he's given a section of Evertonians a completely false perspective when it comes to who we should appoint as our next manager
How did these have a baring on the footy on the pitch though? Those 'aging' players James & Allan were absolutely flying when they were fit and playing consistently.. we're hardly 'saddled' with them.

Dave the fact is we'll be playing worse footy under NES than what we did under Ancelotti last season and that's simply by virtue of the fact that he isn't an especially good manager. Ancelotti barely got his feet under the table and now we'll never know how his plans would've come to fruition next season.

Depressing, this.

That's not a fact, its an opinion!

A good manager adapts to the players he has got and acts accordingly. Something which I'm not sure Ancelotti did here actually.

Yet he had us playing some boss, winning footy for the first third of the season prior to the injuries & tinkering.

When has Nuno ever managed to play footy like that in the Prem with that talented Wolves side??

I only really remember being particularly entertained for the first 4 or 5 games in all honesty mate. They were great, I would imagine I could find 4 or 5 games where Wolves played some great stuff in their first season or two in the league?

Oh dear, still no announcement? Everton need to act soon, or some on here will start to chew off their own foot, like some rabid fox caught in a trap :(

That's not a fact, its an opinion!

A good manager adapts to the players he has got and acts accordingly. Something which I'm not sure Ancelotti did here actually.
I agree, but at least with Ancelotti it was obvious to all that he knew what was up with the squad and this summer was an opportunity to attract some more good players and fill some holes.

Do you honestly believe NES will come in and have this squad 'adapt' to playing good, winning footy given his record? I just can't see it. At all.

I agree, but at least with Ancelotti it was obvious to all that he knew what was up with the squad and this summer was an opportunity to attract some more good players and fill some holes.

Do you honestly believe NES will come in and have this squad 'adapt' to playing good, winning footy given his record? I just can't see it. At all.

His record isn't that bad! I honestly have no idea if he will or not. On paper he seems to have done a decent job at Wolves but tailed off last season (which was a weird season anyway).

Still worth pointing out that he has not been appointed at this moment!

Ancelotti annoyed me, it was like he basically gave up. Why were we still playing it around the back when we obviously did not have the players to do that. I just think certain managers are suited to certain scenarios and that was not the right fit. (Neither would Conte be). Would Nuno be? Not sure either.

Na. Not having that Ancelotti was a 'disaster' at all.

Last season petered out, yes, but we played some of the best footy I've seen us play in years at the top of the season and got us some boss results, especially away.

We were primed to head into this summer with a vastly experienced manager whom would've known full well what we required in order to kick on next season. Now we'll never know what could've been.
Wow!

Early in the season we looked boss and then it all collapsed like a flan in a cupboard.

Who knows, maybe with some decent players we may play better under Nuno?

I'm honestly nearing the point of not caring.

"The Daily Mail claim Everton talks with Nuno Espirito Santo are continuing with discussions being held over his backroom team.

Nuno worked for the long-term with six staff members at Wolverhampton Wanderers, including an assistant manager and goalkeeping coach, which Everton currently have in the form of Duncan Ferguson and Alan Kelly respectively."

So the holdup is basically because Moshiri & Brands are still mulling over exactly how to break the news to Big Dunc?

They're just about to make an unpopular appointment even more unpopular..

One of the worries about Ancelotti was that his experience didn't seem particularly relevant to the situation we were in. He had proven himself excellent at getting good players to get good results and it was alleged that he wasn't much of a "coach" at places like Bayern - the reported quotes of "just play" at Everton would lend credibility to that suspicion.

He had never really been in a "project" like the one we are where he needs to build a midtable team into a top 6 team. He took a midtable team and got them to finish midtable - Most would probably have argued that he needed time to build, which is fine (and I'd have agreed), but the point I'm making here is that it's all well and good going and getting someone who's won titles, but that isn't our actual remit right at this moment in time.

People need to stop thinking about the next appointment as someone who's going to take us from 10th to winning stuff. It would be nice, but what we really need for now is someone who can take us from 10th to European football in some form. Winning 3 Champions Leagues is not especially relevant experience to what we need right now. If we can find a coach to take the next step, I'm fine with binning them off for a more proven coach after that.

If Nuno could come in and get us into the top 7 for a couple of years, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'd also be fine with the notion that he may have a ceiling and might need to be replaced for us to kick on again.
Excellent post mate. Agree with everything you said. These top managers are usually top managers because they have already taken on a top team with unlimited resources so only tweaks here and there and basically a world market open to them. Building is a different proposition when you have limited resources. Patience is something mosts fans do not possess in this day and age and managers come and go because they have to be in a rush to make things happen....otherwise they are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.