New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti time here was dire. Tell me I'm wrong.

People making a stink about a very decent manager...THAT is the problem here.
Dave the fact is we'll be playing worse footy under NES than what we did under Ancelotti last season and that's simply by virtue of the fact that he isn't an especially good manager. Ancelotti barely got his feet under the table and now we'll never know how his plans would've come to fruition next season.

Depressing, this.

Dave the fact is we'll be playing worse footy under NES than what we did under Ancelotti last season and that's simply by virtue of the fact that he isn't an especially good manager. Ancelotti barely got his feet under the table and now we'll never know how his plans would've come to fruition next season.

Depressing, this.
Stop making excuses for Ancelotti. His time here was marked by rank football and a terrible final league position given the spending on this squad.

No way Nuno or Potter or even Howe would serve up such slop.

Ancelotti was a disastrous appointment.

Stop making excuses for Ancelotti. His time here was marked by rank football and a terrible final league position given the spending on this squad.

Disagree completely, but then it's not like you to over-egg the pudding Dave lol

Where were the successes?
He was here for 17 months and one summer window - what did you expect in that time?

Every other manager since Moyes gradually regressed us. It at least looked like Ancelotti could've built something and he got us some cracking results last season.

He was here for 17 months and one summer window - what did you expect in that time?

Every other manager since Moyes gradually regressed us. It at least looked like Ancelotti could've built something and he got us some cracking results last season.
There's nothing to recommend him to anyone based on his time here. A lazy arse who landed his son with the lions share of work and who unforgivably claimed he couldn't coach footballers to play in the manner he wanted them to.

A historically great manager? Yes. But his time here was a huge failure.

I don't tend to agree with Davek - but I totally agree with him on this
Na. Not having that Ancelotti was a 'disaster' at all.

Last season petered out, yes, but we played some of the best footy I've seen us play in years at the top of the season and got us some boss results, especially away.

We were primed to head into this summer with a vastly experienced manager whom would've known full well what we required in order to kick on next season. Now we'll never know what could've been.

Depressing, this.

Given that the only football I can remember seeing which was as bad as what we largely played for the 2nd half of the season was when the Gravy King was on his throne here, I find it a bit of a stretch to believe you could say this with any real degree of certainty

You don't need to go overboard trashing the previous manager to justify your support for the incoming one, this is how pretty much everyone ends up disagreeing with you.

It's not how the world works. It's perfectly possible to be disappointed in Ancelotti going and hopeful than Nuno will take the club forward.

Given that the only football I can remember seeing which was as bad as what we largely played for the 2nd half of the season was when the Gravy King was on his throne here, I find it a bit of a stretch to believe you could say this with any real degree of certainty
Yet he had us playing some boss, winning footy for the first third of the season prior to the injuries & tinkering.

When has Nuno ever managed to play footy like that in the Prem with that talented Wolves side??

Na. Not having that Ancelotti was a 'disaster' at all.

Last season petered out, yes, but we played some of the best footy I've seen us play in years at the top of the season and got us some boss results, especially away.

We were primed to head into this summer with a vastly experienced manager whom would've known full well what we required in order to kick on next season. Now we'll never know what could've been.
Great results - but terrible football on the whole

He's saddled us with a couple of ageing players on top of a mountain of other ageing players

He caused Brands to completely throw out 'the model' of how to move the club forward

He made us look like a laughing stock by toddling off at the first opportunity after we were all shouting his praises and buzzing off how much he loved 'living in Crosby'

And worst of all - he's given a section of Evertonians a completely false perspective when it comes to who we should appoint as our next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.