New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's totally right Z-man. People wanted to come back to Goodison next season and be entertained, instead they've got a manager who retired mid season and has no track record of using the Academy.

My only hope is that he plays 4-4-2 and sells Gylfi and Davies. But he won't

Im in total disbelief at this...woke up around 630am to see loads of reports on Nuno joining.

Thought he was just a lazy name thrown in by the media.

Theres nothing at all that points to him doing anything.

I said it when he was first linked, it’s a safe choice, we need that right now. He wasn’t my first choice, that was Galtier but I’m ok with it. We need a complete gutting of the old boys club, has to be 100% his team and the players need to be told to stand up and be counted or ship out and get players in who both have the desire and attributes

If hes a safe choice as you say then why would you then have a "complete gutting of the old boys club"?

You dont back a "safe choice" and ensure its "100% his team".

Why would the players "stand up and be counted"...

If you were one of our top players why wouldnt you put in a transfer request?

Id be off.

We will see what the transfer business looks like but I've not really gone at Brands to date because he wasn't really here long enough to have had much sway on getting Silva and Ancelotti felt like they went up over him. But no more excuse now. Three bad managers, or at least three managers who don't move us on much, would be too many. Add in questionable business and you've got nothing left really.

Ancelotti seemed like he had 1/2 a season to get to know the squad.

1 season to just fall short on europe with 59pts.

This summer to bring in talent to make us more exciting and attacking --as he said.

There was a base there to build on.

Now we hire a negative boring manager.

Its mind blowing.

Speechless...

Mix of shock, horror, disgust and I feel that the club has betrayed the fan base with this one.

What happened to:

"The club is now looking at managers with no premier league experience"

Energy sapping, demotivating disgraceful appointment.
Wouldn't go that far, but predictably underwhelming. This club will never progress until it learns to take risks and looks beyond the British Isles.

He's not a bad manager. But Everton being Everton have manged to appoint a manager who: doesn't make substitutions, doesn't like to attack, always sets up defensively, always plays out low scoring games, never plays youth and managed the only team to do less running and sprinting than Everton in the PL last season. Guess the board must have loved all that underwhelming toss we were served up last season. Because this is the same only without Ancelotti's star power. Only difference is that his teams are always fit.

I honestly don't think they'd even consider a man like Galtier because he may rock the boat. So disappointed.

Not attention seeking at all, just came on here after the news from Percy about him being all but appointed by the sounds of things.

I'm a Wolves fan, I've sat and watched a Nuno side for the last 4 years, and apart from last season I enjoyed every second. I won't sit here and make out he's perfect, like I say, I wrote pretty much a whole essay out of my own will responding to an Everton fan asking about him a week ago maybe, and if you want to read it, feel free too. I truly believe he wouldn't be as underwhelming of an appointment as you guys are making him out to be.
If he gets us in the top 7 back to back over the next couple years the majority will change their mind. Unfortunately mate a lot of our fanbase are absolute mentalists who have full blown meltdowns when they don't get their preferred choice. Thank for the insight buddy, hopefully Nuno can get us back up the table and bring back some European footy

Im in total disbelief at this...woke up around 630am to see loads of reports on Nuno joining.

Thought he was just a lazy name thrown in by the media.

Theres nothing at all that points to him doing anything.

If hes a safe choice as you say then why would you then have a "complete gutting of the old boys club"?

You dont back a "safe choice" and ensure its "100% his team".

Why would the players "stand up and be counted"...

If you were one of our top players why wouldnt you put in a transfer request?

Id be off.

Ancelotti seemed like he had 1/2 a season to get to know the squad.

1 season to just fall short on europe with 59pts.

This summer to bring in talent to make us more exciting and attacking --as he said.

There was a base there to build on.

Now we hire a negative boring manager.

Its mind blowing.
There was no base unless you believe Doucoure despite being a mid-table level player his whole career is actually really good or that we benefit from playing Sigurdsson every week. We are firmly still in the spot where the base needs to be built.

And honestly maybe Nuno can start that. I just don't like that everyone's eyes will have to bleed in the process.

???? 60 pages since i looked in last, Nuno ffs. Build the stadium then [Poor language removed] moshiri.

For me this suggests a problem with the stadium. Looks a desperate move to consolidate on the cheap, possibly to sell.

There was no base unless you believe Doucoure despite being a mid-table level player his whole career is actually really good or that we benefit from playing Sigurdsson every week. We are firmly still in the spot where the base needs to be built.

And honestly maybe Nuno can start that. I just don't like that everyone's eyes will have to bleed in the process.
buddy did u type numbers into calculator and do hand stand??

I am neither excited by the appointment if confirmed, nor do I actively dislike the appointment . I also expect very little of it

that’s probably better than being optimistic about a new manager and being disappointed or hating them from day one and counting the days until they are out the door

he can win me over quickly by firing Siggurdson out of a cannon into a brick wall two yards away

Our last 5 managers have been sacked unemployed managers.
Our last 6 managers are the man SAF picked to succeed him at Manchester United, manager of the current best ranked international side in the world, current Barcelona manager, former England manager, Greek league winner (that’s a slightly lesser accomplishment) and finally the current Real Madrid manager.

And in all their time at the club we’ve basically be thoroughly crap and won nothing while each one has left us and basically gone on to bigger success other than Silva who’ll no doubt probably land at Porto, Benfica or Sporting and regularly play in the CL soon enough.

Life’s not fair as an Everton fan.

???? 60 pages since i looked in last, Nuno ffs. Build the stadium then [Poor language removed] moshiri.
I’ve said the same thing a few times tonight. Moshiri reckons he watches football all the time lol. The guy is clueless. How the hell can you watch the dross that have been served up by Carlo, then appoint a guy with a similar style

If this appointment goes bad. And it ciukd very quickly. I can see the fans turning on Moshiri.

My only hope is the club have put the feelers out to see the fans reaction. Like they did with Rafael 2 days ago. Obviously the talk wasn’t the Rafael was on the verge. Clutching at straws I know

Status
Not open for further replies.