Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

A safe appointment.
A cheap appointment.
A completely uninspiring appointment.

He did a great job at Wolves last season with Covid, selling the best players, huge injuries and he kept them in the league.

He feels like the manager who will steady the ship until we move into our new ground.

Not for me personally because I think we won't process in terms of the style of football or the pace we want to success at but if he is the man to lead us, then I back him 100% and I pray to God I am so badly wrong and we win something or reach the Champions League.

Thing is this has been happening for years sad .
That's what I was trying to convey in the "next manager" thread. We have literally no focus on how we want the team to play. We CONSTANTLY hire managers with completely different styles that basically need to sell everyone we have and buy more players. And they fail because you can't do that. So we are supposedly hiring a manager we have MAYBE 2 players who can play the style he does? We're meant to back him and buy him a new team. If he fails then we have a ton of players that are meant to play a certain way but can't any other way which the majority of football plays. Look at Spurs, they bought Wolves RB/RWB and he's been awful because the way he played for Wolves is completely different than the majority of football plays.

We're absolutely a trainwreck and Moshiri is seriously leading us down really suspect paths.

If its him I think he needs backing from the board, at least 5 players. He played 4231 at Wolves. We broadly have players to play that way. But we need a new RB and RW desperately, we need a back up GK and ST also a box to box midfielder.

If we manage all that we could have a decent season COYBS

Oh, great way to start the weekend...

The first thing i thought about was how boring matches will be but then i figured they couldnt get much duller than under Carlo so whatevs.

Gonna get relagated with this, why have a DoF if you think you know better as the owner. I swear money goes to people's heads, especially if it's ill gotten.

Goodison is going to eat him alive.

Genuinely can't see many people affording him the time here. It's practically Allardyce-esque this.

I hope not. Why don’t they call out the decision makers above him instead if they are that cheesed off.

He looks like he should be playing a cardboard guitar on the corner of Mathew St.
Which is exactly where he will be in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.